Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Kill switch not working related to Power commander?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 08:10 PM
Impala_ss
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Kill switch not working related to Power commander?

Picked up wifes bike today a 2011 Fatboy Lo. Just had cams installed by dealer that I ordered from Fuel Moto. Bike starts and runs good. When the bike is running and you turn the kill switch to off it stays running but sounds/feels like only 1 cylinder.

Dealer replicated the problem 6/8 attempts with power commander installed and 0/8 times with power commander removed.

Is it even possible for the power commander V to affect the operation of the kill switch? Don't know what else to try and power commander is no longer under warranty. Most of the time I trust my dealer but they do usually have negative comments about products that do not have the Harley stamp on them... like my Woods cams. Thanks!

Old 03-21-2015, 01:08 PM
sdwold
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking at the wiring schematics for a 2006 Softail, 2008 Dyna, 2010 Touring, and a 2014 Touring; All of them send the kill switch power to the ECM telling it to interupt the ignition signal to the engine when activated. Since the Power Commander is a piggyback unit then I would have to say that YES, it is possible that it could be the problem. However I do not have access to the internal workings of the PC V and would think that it would just pass the kill switch signal through without modifying it. Have you cleaned your connections? Since the bike seems to be trying to stop, it could be a dirty contact causing the issue and disconnecting and reconnecting wont always fix a dirty contact.