Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Trying to pick a Fuel Management System

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 08:09 AM
paid4c4
Road Master
Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Trying to pick a Fuel Management System

I would like to add a fuel management system to my 2013 Ultra Limited which is stock except for Rinehart 4inch slip ons and K&N filter. I would also like to have the ability to return the ecm back to original factory specs if the fuel management system changes the ecm. I have read a lot of posts using the search function which has provided a lot of information. I'm down to two choices:
One-Vance & Hines FuelPak - Fuel Management System $260 at JP Cycles
Two-Dynojet Power Commander V $342 at JP Cycles
Cost isn't my driving consideration, ease of operation and operability is more important.
Your suggestions or comments will be appreciated.
Bill

Old 02-09-2015, 08:16 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

There are a couple more that will due what you want.

Superchips Vigilante
Dynojet Vision
TTS Mastertune

Old 02-09-2015, 08:20 AM
96roadking
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you only want stage 1, I would recommend the Superchips Vigilante but if you're thinking cams or other upgrades for performance I'd recommend buying a Power Vision from Fuel Moto. They give great support through all of your upgrades.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:17 AM
AGFazio
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go for PowerCommander from Fuel Moto. It comes with the map, and their customer service is excellent. Also cheaper than J&P. 299.00 for PCV.

I haven't found anything yet from J&P that I couldn't find cheaper on Amazon or somewhere else. Love the catalog for ideas. Then I look somewhere else to purchase.

Old 02-11-2015, 02:41 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 567 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by AGFazio
Go for PowerCommander from Fuel Moto. It comes with the map, and their customer service is excellent. Also cheaper than J&P. 299.00 for PCV.

I haven't found anything yet from J&P that I couldn't find cheaper on Amazon or somewhere else. Love the catalog for ideas. Then I look somewhere else to purchase.

Have you got your bike tuned and running right?

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/ignit...-confused.html

Old 02-11-2015, 03:23 PM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

Devin and Kevin both use the Power Vision on their bike's and are completely satisfied with it. It is a very easy install, the Power Vision is delivered to you with a Custom Map, for Your Bike, already installed in it. You can plug it in, load the new tune into your bike, unplug it, and be riding with the New Tune in 5 minutes. And you can't beat the Unlimited Lifetime Technical Support

You can see more information on the Power Vision below.
http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/Dyno...PV-CMP-PKG.htm

Kelsey

Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/DKCustom/Links/Sig1-8-14_zps9d8aff35.jpg

Last edited by DK Custom - ST; 02-12-2015 at 10:10 AM.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:29 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

I followed the link. I understand your side of it. There is money to be made in emailed canned maps.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:47 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,165 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by hrdtail78
I followed the link. I understand your side of it. There is money to be made in emailed canned maps.
I understand your side of it as well. There is money to made dyno tuning bike's too, right? I believe you have a dyno shop, correct?

Maps and unlimited support are free to Fuel Moto customers, a value added service that we have offered for over a decade. We also offer our services to those that have purchased thru DK Customs. And oh yeah, we dyno tune a few hundred bikes a year here too

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 02-12-2015, 10:37 AM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Yes, I have a small shop and I dyno tune for a living. The big difference between us is I don't go to tech forums to advertise my bussiness or to get business. I go to tech forums to talk about tech. The OP is in Kentucky. I would be suggesting a different tuner besides myself if he was looking for a tuner. No skin in this game. You have read enough of my post to understand that I use these tech forums excatly how I stated.

What gives a better tune? A emailed calibration that was made on another bike that might be close to yours, or a custom made calibration made for your bike. Made on your bike. With your deck height, your chamber, your injectors, your fuel from your area, your exhaust, your plug/ gap, your slip-ons, your air cleaner........... More to just mapping VE's in a tune. There is also the big deal of validating what the stock sensors are reporting to what is actually going on in the combustion chamber. I am not talking about WOT dyno numbers. I am talking about the area most people spend most of their time riding.

So, when guys come on a forum and ask about tuning devices and opinions on what to do. I will always try and point them in the direction that is the best option. What they choose to do is up to them. Why not give them the whole scoop according to me and options?

Old 02-12-2015, 11:12 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by hrdtail78
Yes, I have a small shop and I dyno tune for a living. The big difference between us is I don't go to tech forums to advertise my bussiness or to get business. I go to tech forums to talk about tech. The OP is in Kentucky. I would be suggesting a different tuner besides myself if he was looking for a tuner. No skin in this game. You have read enough of my post to understand that I use these tech forums excatly how I stated.

What gives a better tune? A emailed calibration that was made on another bike that might be close to yours, or a custom made calibration made for your bike. Made on your bike. With your deck height, your chamber, your injectors, your fuel from your area, your exhaust, your plug/ gap, your slip-ons, your air cleaner........... More to just mapping VE's in a tune. There is also the big deal of validating what the stock sensors are reporting to what is actually going on in the combustion chamber. I am not talking about WOT dyno numbers. I am talking about the area most people spend most of their time riding.

So, when guys come on a forum and ask about tuning devices and opinions on what to do. I will always try and point them in the direction that is the best option. What they choose to do is up to them. Why not give them the whole scoop according to me and options?
Agree 1000%. I to own a dyno shop and will stand behind what i've always said. ANY CANNED MAP can be improved on. I've proved it time and time again. A canned MAP is only good for a starting point for a proper tune,

Oh, and there's a huge difference between dyno tuning a bike and auto tuning a bike on a dyno. (hrdtail78, that was NOT intended for you).

Quick Reply: Trying to pick a Fuel Management System