Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Trying to pick a Fuel Management System

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 11:23 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom - ST
Devin and Kevin both use the Power Vision on their bike's and are completely satisfied with it. It is a very easy install, the Power Vision is delivered to you with a Custom Map, for Your Bike, already installed in it. You can plug it in, load the new tune into your bike, unplug it, and be riding with the New Tune in 5 minutes. And you can't beat the Unlimited Lifetime Technical Support

You can see more information on the Power Vision below.
http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/Dyno...PV-CMP-PKG.htm

Kelsey
I'd like to see a canned or email provided calibration BY ANYONE that the end user can "plug it in, load the new tune into your bike, unplug it, and be riding with the New Tune in 5 minutes" that doesn't require a LOT more work than this is led people to believe it is.

How come there are no kool-aide icons on this site?

Old 02-12-2015, 11:54 AM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 1,192 Likes on 562 Posts

I've had canned maps and full tunes before, would never settle for a canned map after experiencing a full tune. The OP mentioned cost wasn't a huge concern so it's a no brainier to me - full tune. If cost was a concern my input would save until could afford full tune.

Old 02-12-2015, 02:04 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

For perspective on this whole canned/donor calibration thing.

When you buy a Harley you are receiving a canned calibration.

Old 02-12-2015, 02:30 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard

Yep, and we all know how the stock bike can be improved on to.

Old 02-12-2015, 02:40 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 567 Likes on 393 Posts

With a very restrictive exhaust system. Restrictive exhaust systems tend to not have a problem with reversion and fresh air across the sensor like unrestrictive aftermarket exhaust. Apples to oranges.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:33 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by hrdtail78
With a very restrictive exhaust system. Restrictive exhaust systems tend to not have a problem with reversion and fresh air across the sensor like unrestrictive aftermarket exhaust. Apples to oranges.
Not to mention the factory "canned" MAPs are for specific parts, when most of the internet supplied MAPs are for generic ahaust like "true duals" or "slip ons", same with the air cleaners.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:37 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by harleytuner
Yep, and we all know how the stock bike can be improved on to.
My point exactly... So you got to ask yourself when you put 30 grand in a new bike... How's that canned calibration working for you?

Maybe I got lucky and it's close so the ALV's will zero it in?

The prudent thing is to tune. What you use to tune is your own business. My personal suggestion is to do the homework and don't let Bubba-Chat talk you into a 400 buck mistake.

If you don't know what you are doing, have no experience with tuning and want a nice running Stage I or II bike then go see someone in your area who is a proficient tuner and let him guide you. For those who want to do this yourself... cool, go for it but you had better do a lot of reading first and understand the process a little before you buy.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:42 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member

My point exactly... So you got to ask yourself when you put 30 grand in a new bike... How's that canned calibration working for you?

Maybe I got lucky and it's close so the ALV's will zero it in?

The prudent thing is to tune. What you use to tune is your own business. My personal suggestion is to do the homework and don't let Bubba-Chat talk you into a 400 buck mistake.

If you don't know what you are doing, have no experience with tuning and want a nice running Stage I or II bike then go see someone in your area who is a proficient tuner and let him guide you. For those who want to do this yourself... cool, go for it but you had better do a lot of reading first and understand the process a little before you buy.
Just so we are on the same page here, you're not a proponent of "canned MAPs" nether then?

Old 02-12-2015, 03:49 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by harleytuner
Just so we are on the same page here, you're not a proponent of "canned MAPs" nether then?
They are fine.... as long as they are calibrated/tuned/adjusted to the specific bike/motor you are riding after you receive said canned calibration. You must start somewhere.

If you use a drop in calibration without adjustments... then you do so at your own risk.

That's my opinion.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:55 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member

They are fine.... as long as they are calibrated/tuned/adjusted to the specific bike/motor you are riding after you receive said canned calibration. You must start somewhere.

If you use a drop in calibration without adjustments... then you do so at your own risk.

That's my opinion.
Yep. Pretty much what I said previously..

A canned MAP is only good for a starting point for a proper tune,

Quick Reply: Trying to pick a Fuel Management System