Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Vance and Hines fuelpak settings

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 07:36 PM
Nick412
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vance and Hines fuelpak settings

How's it going guys. I have a unique situation that I haven't seen on the forum. I picked up a used 2007 night Train with big radius pipes, a fuel pack, and a high flow air filter of unidentified make or model. The bike has been running ok but I checked out the fuel pak settings of the maps online and compared them to the settings on the bike. They are significantly different. The only fuel issue i have noticed is a pop when the engine begins to slow down during a neutral Rev. Should I leave the settings, change them to the settings on the vance and hines website, or another option that I haven't thought of yet? The previous owner will not answer his phone or else I would ask him.

Old 01-11-2015, 07:48 PM
jm35ny
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

You said the settings on your bike are significantly different from the Fuel Pak Factory recommended Setting for your bike. But the bike is running good, I would just double check to make sure that your reading the setting correctly before you start changing things. The settings can be little tricky to figure out at first, maybe your just misinterpreting the settings?

Then if you still want to change things you could write down the settings that you have now and then switch to the recommended settings. Good luck

Old 01-11-2015, 08:59 PM
Nick412
Advanced

Originally Posted by jm35ny
You said the settings on your bike are significantly different from the Fuel Pak Factory recommended Setting for your bike. But the bike is running good, I would just double check to make sure that your reading the setting correctly before you start changing things. The settings can be little tricky to figure out at first, maybe your just misinterpreting the settings?

Then if you still want to change things you could write down the settings that you have now and then switch to the recommended settings. Good luck
Correct. The bike is running well. Other than the pop. No starting issues and no power issues from what I can tell. I believe I have cycled through the modes properly. That's a good suggestion to write them down and revert back if need be. I may do that tomorrow. I am just curious how this bike could be running and starting as well as it has been. Once I take a look at it in the morning I can post the actual settings and recommended settings to see what you guys think.

Old 01-11-2015, 09:16 PM
Nick412
Advanced

Another question of mine is how much damage could this inaccurate map have caused during the duration that he has had it? I'm assuming it would be a pricy fix if problems appear down the road.