Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

New SERT question

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 03:59 AM
ROADTRAIN
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New SERT question

We are waiting for the new SERT to arrive in Australia, I believe it to be G version.
Has anybody had a look at or used one. What I am trying to find out is there any eliminators for the intake and exhaust actuators. Here in Australia and Europe our bikes are fitted with EPA devices which we remove when fitting new exhaust and air cleaner, I believe the new SERT can turn these off otherwise you will get a fault code.

Thanks Lionel.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:05 AM
murphdog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New SERT question

Yes, the G version includes that feature.
From the tuning manual:
• New Features: Tuning Mode 4.6.2. adds new calibrations for 2007 HDI vehicles and Active Intake and Exhaust functions for HDI vehicles that support this feature. All 2007 model year ‘Big Twin’ calibrations have been updated to allow using the ‘Automatic Compression Release’ (ACR) function. Refer to the pull down HELP in Tuning Mode for further information.

Fromtuningmode help:
Active Control Functions
When programming is first started the ECM is checked for compatibility with the following "Active Control" functions:
·Active Intake
·Active Exhaust
·Automatic Compression Release
If both the vehicle and calibration have any of these features available, a form will be presented which allows the user to change the settings for these functions. Note that not all features may be available for a given application. Unavailable features will be grayed out and cannot be changed.
Active Control Functions
When programming is first started the ECM is checked for compatibility with the following "Active Control" functions:
·Active Intake
·Active Exhaust
·Automatic Compression Release

If both the vehicle and calibration have any of these features available, a form will be presented which allows the user to change the settings for these functions. Note that not all features may be available for a given application. Unavailable features will be grayed out and cannot be changed.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2952/2F9EED5B520D4A95B549D1706BD43BE9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-12-2007, 06:39 PM
ROADTRAIN
Road Captain

Thankyou murphdog
This is what we are looking for.

Old 04-13-2007, 07:17 AM
harleypilot007
1st Gear

SERT F version

Ihave installet SERT F version on my 2007 FLHTCUI 103". Original exhaust is ready removedand now is installet W&H real dual exhaust. Engine fault singal is on and diastnostic says at fault on exhaust flap(only international models), my bike is European model.
Is there any way at I cant fix, take away fault singal?

Old 04-13-2007, 07:25 AM
ROADTRAIN
Road Captain

Yes read the thread on 07 intake wire in this section

Old 04-13-2007, 08:46 AM
harleypilot007
1st Gear

SERT F

I read 07 intake section, not any new for me. I have ready 07 sophtayl/ Mick/ Big Joe Chopper,exhaust eliminator installed. Thanks Mick.
Before downloading new mapping on SERT, when I have still original mapping on my bike. Exhaust fault singal light gone when installing exhaust eliminator.
Now I have been downloading new mapping on SERT F, # 88. When I have new mapping on, again fault sigal ligth is on, and reason is exhaust flap.

what to do next?

Old 04-13-2007, 06:51 PM
ROADTRAIN
Road Captain

Hi 007,
Let me try and understand what is going on.
Are you saying that you have already fitted one of Mick's eliminator's with the factory map and the fault light did not gome on.
Now that you changed the map you are getting a fault code.
Are you sure the fault code is related to the exhaust flap, and have you contacted Mick.
If someone can help please do.

ORIGINAL: harleypilot007

SERT F

I read 07 intake section, not any new for me. I have ready 07 sophtayl/ Mick/ Big Joe Chopper,exhaust eliminator installed. Thanks Mick.
Before downloading new mapping on SERT, when I have still original mapping on my bike. Exhaust fault singal light gone when installing exhaust eliminator.
Now I have been downloading new mapping on SERT F, # 88. When I have new mapping on, again fault sigal ligth is on, and reason is exhaust flap.

what to do next?

Old 04-15-2007, 07:42 AM
harleypilot007
1st Gear

correct

I have Mick eliminator`s installet on my bike. No fault code on original mapping(factory map). When we installet new mapping on SERT F fault code comming on. Apsolutely is exhaust flap. We do it downloading on local HD dealer. Same time reading fault codes and it is exhaust flap.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:34 AM
FXSTD.AU
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

harleypilot007,

You can also update your CD Rom to the newer J version (from the G tuner kit, the F tuner kit has the H version CD Rom) so you'll have SERT recognising the bike is HDI which allows the Active Air Intake to be turned off (effectively). The J version maps seem to be significantly smoother as well.

I've got an 07 Deuce arriving in Australia shortly... well it's here it just the stealers are customising it for me, and i'vebought the J CD ROMafter initiallybuying the F tuner kit.

If you still want to run Mick's actuators with the J verison CD ROM you can. Try Zanottis for the J CD ROM for USD$14.50 plus postage

Old 04-21-2007, 02:53 AM
stix68
Cruiser

J version is the GO. Nnot available from HD AUS yet,(according to M&W). My stealer somehow got me a copy from the US and have downloaded new map with "Actives" disabled. A completely different bike to ride, no popping, better throttle response,blah, blah,blah.
I already have a "J" CD on back order from Zanotti's, they were unsure of delivery time last I checked. Seems there is a huge backlog of orders for it. Anyone in AUS having trouble getting it, they can gladly have my spare when it arrives for 20 bucks, if ya just wanna map from it and ya know the number, lemme know and I'll email it.

Quick Reply: New SERT question