Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Pro tuner reflash aorted

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 03:34 PM
Treynolds03
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Pro tuner reflash aorted

Need some help doing the very first flash on a 2010 FLHTK
After selecting the map to download I click on program ECM then I get Reflash aborted! Check vmi and EMC connections ignition and run switches are on and battery is at full charge. Please retry. - we have tried multiple computers checked for updates, updated Vci , battery is charged (verified with voltmeter) red light flashes on the Orange box as it is supposed to , it sees the vin and I get the green connection in the bottom left corner. Beyond stumped and frustrated....any help is appreciated

Old 10-12-2014, 06:39 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Do you have the right com port selected in the software? Are you plugged into the right Data connector? On your bike it is behind the left side (primary side) side cover.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:01 PM
Treynolds03
Intermediate

Hi Harleytuner,

Yes I have the correct port. I can talk to the ECU, I can even get live data ie engine rpm temps battery info etc. So it seems that part is ok.
I did find that the current map is one from a TTS tune system.
Would this make s difference?

Thanks,
Tom

Old 10-13-2014, 06:50 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Yes it would. The TTS MAP locked the ECM from any other program writing to it. Even the HD dealership cannot access the ECM with their software. This is very unfortunate. the ONLY way for you to unlock your ECM is to put the stock MAP back into your ECM with the TTS Software and the actual TTS dongle. If you don't have access to the TTS dongle (interface) that is married to your bike you are screwed. You will need to get another ECM.

The following 2 users liked this post by harleytuner:
M Oclaf (03-23-2023), Slingshot383 (03-23-2023)
Old 10-13-2014, 07:32 AM
Treynolds03
Intermediate

Thanks for the info. I'll see if TTS will be willing to help me out

Old 03-22-2023, 11:40 PM
thrustinbieber
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all, I'm experiencing this same problem. How were you able to determine that a TTS map had been loaded on it already?

I bought my 2012 XL1200N recently, got an orange tuner (unmarried) and cables. It will record data but won't let me load any maps to the bike. I get the "Reflash Aborted" message as soon as I try to run the flash.

Old 03-23-2023, 06:18 AM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,220 Likes on 3,753 Posts

Originally Posted by thrustinbieber
Hi all, I'm experiencing this same problem. How were you able to determine that a TTS map had been loaded on it already?

I bought my 2012 XL1200N recently, got an orange tuner (unmarried) and cables. It will record data but won't let me load any maps to the bike. I get the "Reflash Aborted" message as soon as I try to run the flash.
Older thread but OP's most recent post was 3 yrs ago. Try a PM maybe? You never know

Good luck, Jim

Old 03-23-2023, 08:51 AM
rigidthumper
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: ArmyVeteran: Navy
Received 6,570 Likes on 1,813 Posts

Originally Posted by thrustinbieber

With the bike on, run/stop switch in the run position, and tuner/cables plugged in/program open, go to the "toolbox", and select "system info". That should tell you what map is currently in the ECM. Post info here, we should be able to decipher for you.

The following 2 users liked this post by rigidthumper:
benscratchin (03-24-2023), thrustinbieber (03-23-2023)
Old 03-23-2023, 06:11 PM
thrustinbieber
1st Gear

Originally Posted by roussfam
Older thread but OP's most recent post was 3 yrs ago. Try a PM maybe? You never know

Good luck, Jim
Yeah thought it was a long shot 😂 Will give that ago or start a new thread. Cheers Jim! Tess

Old 03-23-2023, 06:25 PM
thrustinbieber
1st Gear

Originally Posted by rigidthumper
With the bike on, run/stop switch in the run position, and tuner/cables plugged in/program open, go to the "toolbox", and select "system info". That should tell you what map is currently in the ECM. Post info here, we should be able to decipher for you.
Thanks mate! I previously took some screenshots - do any of these have the info you require? If not, I'll go plug it back in later today

Quick Reply: Pro tuner reflash aorted