Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Commander Problems...Not to HAPPY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 06:03 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Dans03RKC
UP-DATE!!! I took the P/C off. Hooked the o2 sensors back-up and reset the codes. I went for about a ten mile ride. No check engine light. So then I put the P/C back on with the o2 deletes. Before I even fired up the bike just turning on the power the check engine light comes on. So I checked and this time the code is for the temp sensor. The last time was the sensor in the throttle body. So I took it out for a ride. It runs much better. I cranked it up to about a 100. I pulled in the clutch and shut it off and coasted to a stop. I pulled the plugs and they are a nice brown color. Atleast im sure its not to lean. So it must be doing something. Im headed to Daytona next week so I will see if someone can figure it out.
Sounds like the only way to fix will be to send it in to DJ for repair. I'd say it's just a glitch and shouldn't effect the way your bike runs. Go to Florida, enjoy yourself and send it in when you get back.

Old 10-09-2014, 07:54 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytuner
Sounds like the only way to fix will be to send it in to DJ for repair. I'd say it's just a glitch and shouldn't effect the way your bike runs. Go to Florida, enjoy yourself and send it in when you get back.
I agree. throws 1 code P0118 then that code goes away and it throws another P0113, then that code goes away and it now throws the original code P0118. Something ain't right with that device. Call Scott @ DynoJet and he can expedite your repairs if needed. I'm pretty sure though that DJ will be at Biketoberfest so stop in and see them. Good luck Dan.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:53 AM
Dans03RKC
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I really appreciate you guys helping me out. I will stop and see what they say. It seams to run much better than it ever did with those E-xieds (sp)? But im sure that is because of the timing curve with the PC...Im going to take it for another ride today to make sure it runs good. Its about a 1000 miles to Florida and I don't want problems when I get there...Trailering it down im not that BRAVE!!!

Old 10-09-2014, 09:56 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

worst case scenario is the PC fails completely at which point just pull over somewhere and remove the PC and throw it in the saddlebag and continue on. The little bit of mods A/C, exhaust you have done won't hurt anything to run it without the PC. Might just get some decel pop and little poorer fuel mileage but you'll be good.