Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Questions About SERT Software

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 11:22 AM
Guitar4Him
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Questions About SERT Software

I first became involved with the SERT software back in 2011. I purchased a 2011 Ultra-Classic in April, 2011. The dealer changed the pipes and airbox and did a "dyno-tune" using a SERT, which, of course, I got to keep. I then, purchased the appropriate cables and the SE Pro Super Tuner software and set about doing smart tune on my bike. The details of that can be found by searching the SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information thread for "Guitar4Him".

Anyway, I got the bike to an acceptable level of tuning in 06/11 and stopped. I haven't given the software a thought since then, since my bike runs so good. Recently, I acquired a new laptop and would like to get the software set up on the new laptop. I have already copied over all my data files. As I've looked into the situation, it appears that if I install the software using my original disk, I won't be able to update it (on my previous laptop, it's currently at version 4.004.0002) since Harley appears to have abandoned all previous versions of the software. Now, it appears that the software can be obtained for free (yay!!!) by providing the serial number of the SERT.

Here's some questions about the new software....

- Will it be completely compatible with my previously-saved files?

- Apparently, when you first use the new software, it requires that an update be performed on the VCI. My last tuning file exists in the VCI and on my laptop. I'm assuming that the update on the VCI will blow the stored file away. However, since I have the file saved on my laptop, I should be able to re-flash the VCI with that file. Are these assumptions correct?

Old 09-22-2014, 11:43 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,991 Likes on 1,693 Posts

Subscribed!

Old 09-23-2014, 12:29 PM
cficole
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 396 Posts

I gather that it's not a SERT that you have, so I'm wondering how much of this applies to those of us with SERTs.

Old 09-23-2014, 02:33 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

It didn't blow mine away when I did the update, but you say you do have it backed up on the PC. What's the problem?

I think your first assumption is incorrect, your second one is correct.

Old 09-23-2014, 03:27 PM
Guitar4Him
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got the software installed last night. When I did the VCI update, it did wipe the stored data in the VCI. However, if I want to re-populate the VCI with the last data, I can do it from my laptop with one of the files. However, there's really no need to do that unless I decide to do some additional smart tuning...the ECM has the data.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:50 PM
rideroadking
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to update the SE Pro Super Tuner Software

Hi All,
Looks like I'm in the right place to get some help with the SEPRT so here's my first question:

I obtained the kit P/N 32109-08 (no alpha designations on the box label) when I purchased my bike from a private owner and I'm just getting started. After finally getting the software to load and run on an old laptop with a clean install of XP Pro with SP3, the first thing I wanted to do was check for updates. So with the program open I clicked the "get updates" button and it just hangs. Is this normal. Does it just take a long time?

BTW, the CD sleeve says for "Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista". I tried loading the SEPRT software on a clean install of Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit. It installed just fine with all the desktop icons but it would not execute when I try to run it.

Also, when I visit the SE web site and try to enter the serial number from the back of the VCI, the site does not accept/recognize the number.

Thanks for any and all feedback.
Mike

Old 02-25-2015, 09:20 PM
Oz Nightrain
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by rideroadking
Hi All,
Looks like I'm in the right place to get some help with the SEPRT so here's my first question:

I obtained the kit P/N 32109-08 (no alpha designations on the box label) when I purchased my bike from a private owner and I'm just getting started. After finally getting the software to load and run on an old laptop with a clean install of XP Pro with SP3, the first thing I wanted to do was check for updates. So with the program open I clicked the "get updates" button and it just hangs. Is this normal. Does it just take a long time?

BTW, the CD sleeve says for "Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista". I tried loading the SEPRT software on a clean install of Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit. It installed just fine with all the desktop icons but it would not execute when I try to run it.

Also, when I visit the SE web site and try to enter the serial number from the back of the VCI, the site does not accept/recognize the number.

Thanks for any and all feedback.
Mike

I had the exact same problem last night. I've been using SEPST for around 12 months and every single update has taken about 2 minutes, But last night just kept spinning and spinning and spinning. After 3 attempts I gave up because I figured that last update only applied to 14/15 bikes anyway. Then this morning I had to do a windows (8.1) update and after that the SEPST software updated in about 3mins. Hopefully yours is the same simple fix! Good luck!!

Matt