HDForums Mascot Find out how to be part of the mascot's travels here.

Meet and greet in Bay/Sac area

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 01:19 AM
BiggestDawg
Advanced HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Meet and greet in Bay/Sac area

The mascot is getting ready to move up into the Bay/Sac area. Keep your eye's open for more information. I expect that Grover and Jaybob07 and probably a couple others will team up and bring it to a yet to be determined location in the Bay/Sac area. It would be a good time to meet other forum members before it continues its journey north into the PacNW.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:28 PM
Jaybob07
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Meet and greet in Bay/Sac area

I'm up for meeting anywhere. I was thinking of none other than a Harley shop up in the Sac area. Are there any other suggestions?

Old 03-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Homee
Novice

Meeting in Sac is ok with me. there are two area HD dealers here. One in Elk Grove off of Hwy 99 and the other is off business 80 on Arden way.Just name a time, meet & greet and I can push the mascot up to Redding from there. Or I can come south and meet. Unless anybody else wants to join in.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:45 PM
Jaybob07
Tourer

I'm still waiting to hear back from tuffsporty and grover on when and where to meet up at. So far we dont have a date. Either HD shop would be good for me. If my wife is with me she mentioned something about going and eating at Joe's Crab Shack. We have one back home in Texas but have not been there for a few years now so that would be our plans, ride up, meet and greet, lunch and then head home.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:51 AM
Brewtality
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

no reason why I wont be able to at least make it to the meet

Old 03-12-2008, 11:25 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Count me in also. I would love to me up with some of the fellow forum members.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:32 PM
Homee
Novice

Tuffsporty, Grover & Jbob07, help me to understand the logistics of what is going on.
From the strings I have read; Tuffsporty has the mascot? Grover is to get it from Tuffsporty and hand off to Jbob07. It looks like Grover will have a lot of riding to do to pass it to Jbob07? More power to Grover!
I am looking at a map of California. Tuffsporty (in Paso Robles) and Jbob07 (in Lemoore) are about a Mornings ride apart (70-80 miles). Grover in Bakersfield is about 105- 110 miles South East of Paso Robles. Are all of you going to meet in a central location and move it north together or is Tuffsporty going to meet Grover somewhere and Grover meeting Jbob07 and then move it north?
Not trying to start any trouble here or prevent Grover from volunteering and putting is signature on the mascot but sounds like something TS can so on a ½ day run to Lemoore. This is assuming that Grover is in Bakersfield.
Then of course there is the strong possibility that I am all screwed up here and missed some strings or complete threads but does that about some it up?

Old 03-13-2008, 11:53 PM
Jaybob07
Tourer

Hey Homee, I just got a email from TS. The plan as of right now is for all of us to meet up in one local, have lunch and stuff on Monday. The only thing is I work nights and have to be at work at 1600. I work Sunday through Thursday, off Friday and Sat and back to work Sunday night.Now the thing isI got an email from BiggestDawg saying that Terrry1955 is wanting in on the move.IfI get the Mascot on Monday, thenI'm going to have to wait to hear from Terry to find out when he can make the run. If we moveit during the week I'm thinking ofmeeting up in Stockton because of limited time for me to get back to work. If itsFriday or Saturday then I can make it all the way up to Sac. Hope this helps clear the air.WhenIhave more infoI'll be posting it up.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:17 AM
Jaybob07
Tourer

Update, Terry was wanting Grover to get in on the Meet and greet and not Terry himself. So its just me that is makeing the run if Tim and Grover do not want to head north.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:48 AM
Teek
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dunno...being totally unfamiliar with CA and just looking at the "triangle", it seems like you three could meet in Kettleman City at the intersection of I-5 and Hwy 46 sometime around 11-11:30ish? Have no clue if it's a rathole of a place, but it's at an intersection that's the most common to all of you. 25 miles from Jaybob07 (you did say you had to be at work at 1600, right?) 57 miles from TS, and Grover's got the short end of the stick at around 78 miles. Since TS and Grover seem ok to do it on Monday, neither of them have to be anywhere else in particular that day, so it's a short day trip for both of them. I'll admit, though, Bakersfield to Sac is a nice little haul! But it's a short push from Lemoore.

I'm sure you have it all ironed out by now, though, so whatever you do, I hope it works out for you. I'm riding about 250 miles tomorrow, so I'll be out of the net for a couple of days, but I'm routing for y'all down here in Texas!

Teek

Quick Reply: Meet and greet in Bay/Sac area