HDForums Mascot Find out how to be part of the mascot's travels here.

Meet and greet in Bay/Sac area

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 10:38 AM
BiggestDawg
Advanced HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Meet and greet in Bay/Sac area

This is the story. Many moons ago the admins of the HDF got together via the great internet and decided that it would be great to have a mascot. Then they decided that it would be great if the members of the HDF could move the mascot from place to place on Harley Davidson motorcycles only. It was decided that each member of the forum that was able to visit or carry the mascot should sign the mascot and have their picture taken with it. So for many days, weeks, months and a couple of years or so the mascot has traveled around the country. Recently interest in the mascot has become weak over the winter months and the mascot did not move very much. Now interest has grown again and the mascot prepares to move. The mascot is near one of the admins, Grover, that helped to conceive the mascot and it must be blessed by the admin so that the mascot can start its journey into the north and then back to the east. This has been ordered by the great admin Terry1955. Many in the north await the visit of the mascot and some of us have risen to the call to get the mascot back on its travels. There will be many stories to be told at the camp fires of the mascot warriors for many moons to come.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Jaybob07
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good post Virgil. Update. I got a PM from Tim out in Paso. He and Grover are going to be meeting up on Monday to pass off the Mascot. Grover is wanting to take it back into the Bakersfield so other members in the area can sign it and stuff as well and then get with me for the hand off to head up north. Do not know how long he is going to have the Mascot so I have no idea of when I'm going to be pushing it up north. Hopefully soon cuz I have been chompen at the bit to hit the road.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:32 AM
Grover
Administrator Emeritus

Received 252 Likes on 122 Posts

The current plan is I am meeting with TuffSporty (Tim) Monday at noon at the Penny Saloon in McKittrick. Hope the weather is better 'cause I have snow going on in my front yard right now! Tim will be riding Hwy 58 from the coast and I will ride Hwy 58 from the east.

I am off duty for 9 days on my long days off so the Monday thing doesn't bother me. I am heading for Las Vegas Sun-Tues. Back on duty Wed - Thurs, the 26 & 27, off Fri Sat. Mar 28-29 Jaybob do either of those days work for you?

Old 03-16-2008, 10:31 AM
Jaybob07
Tourer

I can meet up with you on the 28th so I can head up to the Sac area on the 29. Now this is if I don't have a watch or anything, which I shouldn't. We could meet up somewhere in the middle like you and Tim are doing. I trying to find where you live on the net and it says that you live out in the middle of now where so PM me when you get back from Vegas and we can plan from there.

Ok guys from the north. Not much longer and the Mascot is going to be heading up your way.

Old 03-16-2008, 03:06 PM
Teek
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: BiggestDawg

Now interest has grown again and the mascot prepares to move. The mascot is near one of the admins, Grover, that helped to conceive the mascot and it must be blessed by the admin so that the mascot can start its journey into the north and then back to the east.
I was aware of the bare basics, but I didn't realize the importance of Grover getting the Mascot for more than justamere hand-off. I knew he needed to get it, and Terry1955 ordered it,but I didn't fully understand WHY. Now I know. Thanks.

This has been ordered by the great admin Terry1955. Many in the north await the visit of the mascot and some of us have risen to the call to get the mascot back on its travels. There will be many stories to be told at the camp fires of the mascot warriors for many moons to come.
I just got back from my little weekend trip to Shreveport/Bossier City, LA, so that's why I'm late responding to this. It seems as though the situation is under control. Now I'll go back to lurkingso as tokeep this thread for the Sac/Bay area meet and greet. I'll be keeping up with it, and thanks again for the great explanation. I have a lot of old posts to read about the Mascot, now!

Teek

Old 03-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Grover
Administrator Emeritus

I got up this morning and there is 2" of snow on the ground.

I will be a nice ride in the morning to meet with TuffSporty. That makes it all worth while.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Jaybob07
Tourer

Hopefully I will be able to meet up with you and Tim tomorrow, depending on what is going on at my end. He said that yall are meeting up at noon so if I make it I have to be out of there by 1300 so I can come back and get ready for work. Hopefully the wind is calmer.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:13 PM
Grover
Administrator Emeritus

Hope you can be there.

It's snowing out my window at the moment.[:@]

Old 03-16-2008, 08:36 PM
Jaybob07
Tourer

Well hopefully you can make it out of your drive way tomorrow. I guess I will try and make it there incase you cant show up that way the Mascot keeps moving.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:47 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

I talked to Grover this morning when he was getting ready to leave. It was 27 degrees and he was dressing in layers. He said it was suppose to be 67 degrees at the meet sight. I hope it warmed up for him.

Quick Reply: Meet and greet in Bay/Sac area