HDForums Mascot Find out how to be part of the mascot's travels here.

Gettysburg to the West Coast?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 11:46 AM
FreedmRider
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gettysburg to the West Coast?

ORIGINAL: ecvjohn

Let me know so we can plan it out, I'd like to see a west coast swing including OR,WA and perhaps Canada before sending it east again.
Before we send it EAST... there are a ton of folks in San Diego that would like to have the chance to ride with and sign the Mascot. Maybe before is gets sent north from LA, we can do a quick meet?

Old 08-23-2007, 06:12 PM
Bluerose

Hmmm...yes this is a quanry. I was actually thinking about the mascot route just the other day when I realized I was going to have to pass it off. Unfortunately it will not really be going South to north but rather mid-state north to the rally. There is a whole lot of south below where we are picking it up.

First of all ...Thanks very much to all of you that worked very hard to get the mascot out here for the Pacific Rally. All of us out here appreciate it very much!

So far Clutchglasss has volenteered to pick up the mascot from Laughlin and Anubiss has offered to pick it up from Clutchglass then deliver it or meet with me for the ride to the Pacific Rally on Sept 14th.

So here was what I was thinking. After the rally one of 2 things can happen.

I can continue on with the Mascot and meet members on the way. We are not booked in yet but we are thinking of riding north to Tahoe then heading across to the ocean and down. I can let it go north at that point or take it back south.

OR

I can give the mascot to Gamma742 and he can take it to San Diego (If he is willing ) thenwe can move north from there. I would be willing to take it from Simi north to Solvang/ Pismo/ Santa Maria for pickup once it gets to our area again (I'm working with the doc on my back right now ).

Regardless of if it goes with Gamma or me, there is also a LA Meet and Greettha may occur in early Oct.that would be a great place to have the mascot for the the So. Cal crowd and Mimo. This meet and greet is farther south (Cisco Burger in Long Beach right by West Coast Choppers) then the last one so maybe even if the mascot goes to SD we can get it going back north or get it south for a bit then move back north from there????

Old 08-26-2007, 06:18 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

The HDF Mascot left Colorado today and is now in Northwest New Mexico heading to Laughlin! This morning Steve (Colorado Glide) and I left Pueblo down I-25, west over La Veta Pass and across the expanse of the San Luis Valley to hand off the mascot and spend time withsome very good friends.

Bill and Arleen Nourse & Don and Mary Stock left Bloomfield NMand traveled over La Manga & Cumbres Pass to meet us in Antonito, CO. Our good friends Paul (Maniac) and Christine Fava and a friend, Olivia, drove up from Albuquerque to share some enchiladas and sign the mascot before it heads on to the California rally. It was 153 miles one way for me and my bro, 150 for Bill and his group and 170 miles for Paul and his riders. It was great to see our friends, share some stories and spend a little time with them. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Its been brought up before that themascotmakes it possible tomeet some fellow riders and new friends. Todayit brought someold friends together again.

Bill and Arleen are off to Laughlin next weekend and we'll let him handle the hand-off from here. It was a great experience holdingthe mascot for the past week. I don't know how many times I unfolded it and read the names scribbled across its face. Thanks for moving it this way![sm=smiley20.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1543/5A37F950A1BA4862AFF9F7B988785030.jpg[/IMG]
Al, Paul, Bill & Steve

[IMG]local://upfiles/1543/FBF0280A127B4B44B63448357472BE3A.jpg[/IMG]
Old Friends!

Old 08-26-2007, 06:22 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice to see if moving! Thanks guys. And great pics!

Old 08-26-2007, 06:26 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

The Mascot is safely in Bloomfield, NM and will leave for Laughlin, Nv. on Friday.

This is the second time I have carried it, and by the time I get it handed off in Laughlin, I think I will have the record for the most miles carried. When I hand it off, I will have carried it about 1,400 miles.

It sure looks different now than when I had it with only5 signatures.

Bill

Old 08-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Bluerose,

Keep the Mascot on the Left Coast for awhile. It's taken us a long time to get it back that way. We need to determing what part of the country has had it the least but for now you guys just have a ball with it. It's gonna start getting cold here in a month anyway so you can make sure everyone gets to see it. Just keep posting who has it and where it is and we'll get it headed back to the midwest by either the Northern route or the Southern route when we figure out where it needs to go next.

Terry

Old 08-26-2007, 08:41 PM
ColoradoGlide
Road Master

A few more pics from the hand off.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2080/F437BADCD08244EBBF375049B7924A86.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2080/BF9AB5D861704DF78A16F686D4DC3F9C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2080/8FD209E8ED5C434DAC6275F2F3767ADE.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2080/871EACDA569C4B81B11651BD738EDF63.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-28-2007, 01:08 AM
ecvjohn
Banned

Whatever works for the SoCal folks.......I'm game for getting it when its time to headnorth, I'm just south of Sacramento and could meethalfway to L.A area when its time for P/U. I could then get it to the Oregon border or close to it to keep it moving north. Keep in mind the Northwestcoul be getting crappy weatherafter the next few weeks like other parts of the country.
Lot ofpeople up here want to see it and meet and greet too.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:14 AM
The Punisher
Banned

It's hard to believe that the mascot was in Gettysburg, PA just a few short weeks ago.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:20 AM
grasman
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: The Punisher

It's hard to believe that the mascot was in Gettysburg, PA just a few short weeks ago.
It just goes to show that no matter what the cause, or the event, thebrothers and sisters of this industry always come out in full force to support each other.

Quick Reply: Gettysburg to the West Coast?