HDForums Mascot Find out how to be part of the mascot's travels here.

Gettysburg to the West Coast?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 07:44 PM
Bluerose
Default RE: Gettysburg to the West Coast?

ORIGINAL: SiLlY

C'mon blue... You might as well have it mailed. tsk tsk tsk
Yeah I know...this fricken back of mine is making it very difficult[&o]. I got 2 weeks it might get better and with clutchglass's help we might be better off.

Old 08-19-2007, 07:51 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

Let me see if I can get off on the 31st. Anyone else from CA going to be out that way?

Would it be sacrilege if I had to show up in a car? I still have 2 weeks so that might change....
Yes it would be. The mascot is not to travel via car. It is to travel via bike or nothing at all. I'm sorry. Don't mean to be a pest but that is not the purpose of the mascot. Surely someone else can pick it up and get it there. It cannot travel by car.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: HeatherC

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

Let me see if I can get off on the 31st. Anyone else from CA going to be out that way?

Would it be sacrilege if I had to show up in a car? I still have 2 weeks so that might change....
Yes it would be. The mascot is not to travel via car. It is to travel via bike or nothing at all. I'm sorry. Don't mean to be a pest but that is not the purpose of the mascot. Surely someone else can pick it up and get it there. It cannot travel by car.
Trying to work out the arrangements. Guess it will have to come see me since I'm laid up. No wayI can ride 5 hours like this right now.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:08 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Who else is coming to the rally and where are they located? surely someone can grab the mascot and get it there via bike.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: HeatherC

Who else is coming to the rally and where are they located? surely someone can grab the mascot and get it there via bike.
Look a few up...Clutchglass has offered. I've already been in contact with him. He just needs to contact Bill.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:44 PM
clutchglass
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anuibiss,
I'm going to get it from Bill Nourse the 31st. Do you want to meet somewhere between here & LA the following weekend (maybe Lancaster?)? That would be the weekend of 8-9 Sep. I'll give it to you & then see you at the rally (Me & the ol' lady can't make it untill the 15th). What say you...want to hook up in Lancaster for a cold one man?
-cluch-

Old 08-19-2007, 10:32 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

I will get the Mascot to Clutch on the 31st in Laughlin barring any unforseen problems.

This will be interesting for me. I picked the Mascot up in Laughlin when it had 3 signatures and had only traveled from Yuma, Az. I will be dropping it back off in Laughlin with no telling how many miles and signatures. Pretty cool I think.

Bill

Old 08-19-2007, 10:41 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Yea, it is. That mascot has put some MILES on in the past three weeks!!!

Old 08-19-2007, 11:24 PM
clutchglass
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking forward to it Bill. I've been out here in southern Cali going on 3 years now & still have yet to see Laughlin. I retired from the army in 2005 & went to work 5 weeks later at a Borax mine. Heather C hit the nail on the head in a PM to me about the mascot's purpose being members meeting members. Since I'm a transplant out here & haven't met a lot of folks who ride...doing the mascot handoff thing & the pacific rally are both thingswe're looking forward to. Me & Steph will see y'all in Laughlin bro.
-clutch-

Old 08-20-2007, 04:44 PM
ecvjohn
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So it looks like a south to north trip......... Any plans for it post CA rally? Can we keep it coming north, I can pick up between Yosemite areaand Sacramento and keep it heading into Oregon, may even be able to set up a meet and greet for all of the Sacramento/ Stockton area people and haul it into Southern Oregon myself.

Let me know so we can plan it out, I'd like to see a west coast swing including OR,WA and perhaps Canada before sending it east again.

Quick Reply: Gettysburg to the West Coast?