HDForums Mascot Find out how to be part of the mascot's travels here.

Gettysburg to the West Coast?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 04:02 PM
FXSTI Guy
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gettysburg to the West Coast?

The Mascot is no longer in Denver...this morning (8/19) @ 11:00 MST I handed off the HDF Mascot to Al (Whiskers) and Steve (Colorado Glide)...they came up from Pueblo , I rode down from Denver and we met @ the Monument Hill Village Inn.(I-25 exit161...50 miles south of Denver)...talked for a while, got ready to leave and shang-hai'd a couple in the parking lot to take some pics for us (they rode too...him on a Fatboy and her on a Dyna)...they'd never heard of HDF but thought the mascot was cool (maybe new members??)...last I sawof it the Mascot was bagged up and headed down the ramp to southbound I-25...I'm glad to have had the opportunity to move the Mascot and hope someday I get the chance to move it again!

Old 08-19-2007, 05:56 PM
Bluerose

Awesome!You guys are really doing a great job!So where is the next move?

I'd seriously love to do a long trip to pick it up but I've been having severe back problems and haven't been on the bike for weeks trying to get better for the rally.

Old 08-19-2007, 05:59 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I can pick it up somehwere and get it to Bluerose for the rally maybe. I just need some advance notice so I can plan ahead...

Old 08-19-2007, 06:12 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

WooooHooo...we finally got it! After a couple years of whining I finally got my hands on the Mascot!

Thanks FXSTI Guy...its always a pleasure to meet HDF members along the highway. The Mascot is in Pueblo this week. I've already visited with Paul Fava(Maniac) and Bill Nourse (Bill Nourse) and we're making plans to move itto New Mexico this next weekend.

Bill is heading to Laughlin for the Labor Day Weekend so the Mascot could be in California by the rally on Sept. 14-15. Right now we're talking logistics of having Paul pick it up on Saturday and meeting Bill on Sunday. We'll keep you posted.

Bluerose - if he can get it there, Bill will need someone from the forum to pick the Mascot in Laughlin. You might want to PM him for a hand-off.

Take care.

It was really an honor to hold it and read all of your names on the mascot. Good thing, indeed.

Al.

Old 08-19-2007, 06:53 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

I already have reservations in Laughlin on the night of August 31. We will be leaving athere on the morning of the 1st of September. If someone can meet me in Laughlin on the evening of the 31st of morning of the 1st I can hand the Mascot off.

Let me know what you need from me.

Bill

Old 08-19-2007, 06:55 PM
Bluerose

Hmmm.... I'll be in Victorville,CA over Labor Day. Let me think on that some. Not sure I could take the bike though.....( [:@]^%$@&@# Back).

Old 08-19-2007, 07:09 PM
clutchglass
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BlueRose...BillNourse,
I can be in Laughlin the night of the 31st no prob. The only thing is, it doesn't look like we are going to make the Mamoth rally untill the 15th. Is there someone I could hand it off to before then?
-clutch-

Old 08-19-2007, 07:16 PM
Bluerose

Let me see if I can get off on the 31st. Anyone else from CA going to be out that way?

Would it be sacrilege if I had to show up in a car? I still have 2 weeks so that might change....

Old 08-19-2007, 07:40 PM
SiLlY
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

C'mon blue... You might as well have it mailed. tsk tsk tsk

Old 08-19-2007, 07:40 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: clutchglass

BlueRose...BillNourse,
I can be in Laughlin the night of the 31st no prob. The only thing is, it doesn't look like we are going to make the Mamoth rally untill the 15th. Is there someone I could hand it off to before then?
-clutch-
Sounds like a plan....I can swing by and pick it up from you with no problems.

Quick Reply: Gettysburg to the West Coast?