HDForums Mascot Find out how to be part of the mascot's travels here.

Gettysburg to the West Coast?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 09:53 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Gettysburg to the West Coast?

Murphy's law has hit:

Today's Itinerary:

Confirm meeting location and time with Big Dog for the run to Eazy. CHECK

Confirm meeting location and time with EAZY.CHECK

All sounds good so far, right?

WRONG.

Bike took a crap on me today on the way home from work. Luckily, I was only about 1 mile from the dealer, AND they were still open. Bike rode to the dealership in back of Topeka HD's box truck, where the wifey then picked me up, with the kind words You shoulda bought that Goldwing (grrrr). No idea what the prob is...it just died, completely. No electric, no NOTHING.

The mascot is still heading to Emporia tomorrow with Big Dog, to be handed off to Eazy.

They said they would get on it 1st thing in the morning, but I am not holding my breath that it will be done in time for me to ride with. Thank Gawd it happened when it did, and not 1/2 way to Emporia.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:22 PM
FXSTI Guy
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks...sorry to hear that John...hopefully it's something simple.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:34 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: FXSTI Guy

That sucks...sorry to hear that John...hopefully it's something simple.
me too. Guess I will find out just how good/how worthless that locally purchased extended warranty is, huh?

Karma bit me in the azz.

Yesterday, I had an administrator catch me committing a minor rules n reg vio. No big deal at all, but he didn't have the cajones enuff to confront ME about it. He waited a while, and then called my sergeant. Again, no big deal. Sarge said "Hey DORK....Don't do that again", and that was the end of it.

Well, overnite we had some good storms roll thru, and that same administrators house was hit by lightning. Blew up a computer or two, fried his tv, phone system, etc. No fire, and no injuries. Needless to say, we had a few things to say about that, such as "HA....Couldn't happen to a better guy"

>sigh<.............

then my scoot takes a dump on me.... Guess God was listening when I was bad mouthin the major, huh?

Old 08-09-2007, 10:40 PM
eazy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: CSI Topeka

You shoulda bought that Goldwing
But then you wouldn't have an American motorcycle which seems to be the dream of a lot of foreign motorcycle riders.You also may not have a Mascot to worry about or enjoy meeting other forum members that you may not have ever met otherwise.

Maybe it's just a bad wire or Maxi-fuse. Hope they get it going by 11. You have my best wishes.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:52 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member

Oh, I know. Matter of fact, that is much more P/C then the reply I gave the Mrs. when she MADE that comment!!

Old 08-10-2007, 05:31 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member

Went to the dealer this morning, and they really did get on it 1st thing in the morning. Rolled it in the bay at 0900, and rolled it out at 1045. Which means, I was able to go along with Big Dog, for a trip down the turnpike.

We met up with LilRedChick and Eazy, who both, btw, have some sweet rides.Weshared some stories, some waters (too damn hot for beer), and made some new friends, before we handed the mascot off.

Eazy has it now, and should be handing it off next week, for it's continued trek across the country.

Big Dog and Lilredchick Eazy's V-Rod

LilRedChick and Eazy

LilRedChick's sporty

The ONLY Shady part in the parking lot

The Official "Hand-Off"

Myself and LilRedChick

Old 08-11-2007, 12:14 PM
eazy
Road Warrior

FXSTI Guy and I have talked this morning and will be again soon to figure out an appropriate time for our hand-off. I would think that by Tuesday or so the Mascot will be in Denver and be ready to be picked up by the next member. FXSTI Guy can elaborate on his plans.

ANYONE IN COLORADO, UTAH, NEW MEXICO AND ARIZONA------put your name in the mix and let's keep the Mascot moving.

Old 08-12-2007, 01:09 AM
eazy
Road Warrior

Mascot has been handed off and should be making it's way to Denver shortly.

[IMG]local://upfiles/11312/2CC0AC0B403245B086F85DCEF959CFFD.jpg[/IMG]

The Mascot has been a hellova thing for me as I have been able to meet some members that I may not have met. Lets keep it moving and lets keep meeting.

Old 08-12-2007, 12:17 PM
ecvjohn
Banned

Any idea what part of CA its coming in to? If its the 80 corridor I can meet and haul it south.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:47 PM
FXSTI Guy
Banned

The Mascot is now officially in Colorado...I arrived back in Denver monday evening 8/13 about 7:00 PM mountain time...I took the handoff from Eazy on Sat. and after spending a a little more time hanging out with family/friends I hit the road...two words describe the ride west...HOT and WINDY...wind did a pretty good job slappin' me around crossing Kansas but let up some once I got into Colo...just west of Limon I caught a little rain in a couple spots but overall it was a smooth ride...nice thing was there were NO one-lane 40 MPH for miles type construction areas along I-70 between Salina& Denver...pretty much full speed all the way in. Not a lot of photo ops along the way (unless you find round hay bales interesting) but I did get a picture of the sign...

Quick Reply: Gettysburg to the West Coast?