Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

motorcycle hitting deer

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 11:17 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: motorcycle hitting deer

yep, sure can be real.

Old 03-23-2007, 02:50 PM
supermom111681
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh my, I can't image hitting a deer on my bike or much less with my car or truck. That would be awful.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:11 PM
LOWRIDER95
Advanced

Thats one lucky dude

Old 03-25-2007, 02:07 PM
ridercoachbob
Cruiser

I hit one with a car once. I was almost stopped. They are unpredictable. I can't imagine hitting one on the bike.

Old 04-15-2007, 12:07 AM
harleydbcoach
Cruiser

had one come off the side of an embankment into the big side window of a van.True story. deer lived and was kicking around hanging halfway in and halfway out of the van. One of the most interesting three minutes of my life as i stopped, me and my fellow coach jumped out and watched the deer figure out how to get out.

[sm=grinangel.gif]

Old 04-15-2007, 01:32 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I could see how someone could question this being real...but I can tell you...it is. My buddy did a very similar thing on his honda vfr...split the thing right in half...in front of my eyes. I couldn't believe it. And yeah....he did have a mess to clean after that little mishap.

Todd

Old 04-19-2007, 12:08 AM
51Moe
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I hit a pit bull doing 120 on a crotch rocket. Totalled the bike (cracked the neck of the frame) and I ended up with road rash on my arms, back, and stomach. 1st time that summer I went out with out a jacket...T-shirt only. I split the dog in half.

Old 04-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Unamed
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My buddy hit an elk at 65 once. He tryed to protect his face by throwing an arm up and grabbing its antler this ripped him off the back of the bike and he litteraly did a Karate chop to the tour pak shattering his hand and the pack. He said the worst part was layign int he road listening to the elk gasp its last breaths. Then he managed to get up and walk a mile to find help. Scarey stuff wildlife....

Old 04-19-2007, 02:50 PM
cobrabob
Road Captain

It didn't go that way when I hit one or it hit me last year on Labor Day weekend. The damn thing was in the middle of the road when I came over the top of the hill. I had been seeing them all morning so I was looking for them. It ran off and as I was passing by where it was I was blindsided by either that on or it's buddy. Me and the bike went down. I slid on the asphalt for a 10 feet or so and the bike continued on down and imbanment into a creek. It was totaled. I hobbled away with a broken ankle and foot and was pissed that my day and the rest of the riding season was ruined.

Old 04-20-2007, 06:32 PM
rgustashaw
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hit one last July...at night. Crested a hill doing 45and there she was. A car was coming in the opposite direction and a concrete culvert was on my right. Squared up the bike and hit her at a 90 degree angle. Got thrown off the back of the bike. No injuries, though. The bike had $1350 in damage...all bolt-on stuff. Gotta love these Harleys.

Remember, it's not the deer you see...it's the deer you don't see. Just ask Larry Grodski...if he were still alive...damned deer.

Quick Reply: motorcycle hitting deer