Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

15yo chick riding a EGC

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 08:17 AM
Red9
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carpenter115
That's how ya make a lifelong rider...girls got skill
Bookmarked to show anyone who asks me "should I start on a 250?
She started on a dirtbike, which likely weighs much less than a 250...

She was also a National Champion.

She has more miles, more experience and more awareness of what a motorcycle is capable of than 99% of the weekend warriors

Old 03-25-2012, 08:26 AM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Red9

She has more miles, more experience and more awareness of what a motorcycle is capable of than 99% of the weekend warriors
That's great. Dirtbike experience teaches control. You can see it in the video. I don't even want to know what she can do with a crotch rocket. lol! Doing wheelies through three gears could give you a heart attack.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:37 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Gotta Love It!

I'd let her ride with me, question being, would she let me ride with her? She even lifted the darn thing! GOOD FOR HER!

Old 03-25-2012, 09:37 AM
farmerstu
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

exactly, she has great skills. but that video is completely bogus. she is far,far from a beginner and is probably laughing in her helmet at how easy those maneuvers are. i stand firmly on the start smaller,learn skills than move up school of thought.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:46 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

I just don't understand the creeping through pylons that bike schools and riding tests for licenses use. Started riding in '65, and the only time I've ever ridden like that is taking a test for a license, and avoiding pot holes on a few streets. What does that have to do with traffic, emergency maneuvers, or just everyday riding? That's where people get hurt.

Light weight starters are good for initial confidence, have talked to people that tried a Harley for first ride and would never get on one again. Maybe in their case, that's a good thing. Learning on a 175-250cc class dirtbike off road has gotta be the best way; best handling bikes most folks will ever ride, lightweight, and you learn skills most street only people never do. Of course, not everyone lives in an easily accessible off road riding area, and the bike probably isn't good for highway speeds, although I used streetable versions for work transportation; some of them hit 80-90 mph easily. If this girl was good on dirt bikes, she could ride anything she could hold up.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:12 AM
Thor
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I didnt say she did, I said its something to show people who ask me

Old 03-25-2012, 11:34 AM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll definitely give her her props, she DOES ride better than me. I don't care about all of her previous riding and National Championship, she's just good, period. Nobody said she was a "rookie".

Old 03-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Pondskipper
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Excellent!

Old 03-25-2012, 01:38 PM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by farmerstu
exactly, she has great skills. but that video is completely bogus. she is far,far from a beginner and is probably laughing in her helmet at how easy those maneuvers are. i stand firmly on the start smaller,learn skills than move up school of thought.
The video is not bogus,she'd been riding small bikes.What the guy there is trying to demonstrate is that even a little girl can ride a big rig.That's all,you might stand as firmly as you wish but I trust an experienced rider/instructor such as the "Motorman" who certainly knows what he's talking about more than you do.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:01 PM
Curt1953
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by artz
baka1969, that was cool ! LOL !
Didn't you mean to say that was fake. LMFAO

Quick Reply: 15yo chick riding a EGC