Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

viedo from last weeks ride up palomar mountain

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Bo_Jangles
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default viedo from last weeks ride up palomar mountain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_Neuj8QJck

Last edited by Bo_Jangles; 09-02-2011 at 10:17 PM. Reason: added photos
Old 09-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Bo, I don't think I could lean my head the opposite direction of the turn if I tried or practiced for days. Watch the video and see which direction the camera guy is leaning his head in turns. The more you lean your body, including head, into a turn the less the bike needs to lean. I'm not trying to knock your riding style but I think you should go back out there and do it again but try leaning your head into the turn. I think you'll be surprised at how much smoother and faster you can ride the corners.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Bo_Jangles
Tourer

I added some pics for you to review, since you know everything about riding a motorcyle. If you look real close I am not leaning my head in the opposite direction of the turn, in fact I keep it straight up and down while looking through the turn, a very basic technique of cornering a motorcycle. I am actually using body position in every turn, its difficult in my current set up with forward controls to actually lean off the bike and cover the rear brake for use in trail breaking (a somewhat advanced technique). If you look closley to the guys spedo who filmed the ride most of the entry and exit speeds are in the 45-60 mph range, i feel that is pretty fast for a stock dyna on that road but what do I know. I do invite you to join me anytime you feel the need to so I can learn from a real rider. I see you live in escondido pretty close to that actual mountain. Thanks for the tips though. Note I'm not an a**hole who thinks he knows everything about riding a bike, I'm always open to learning something new. That being said I think I have a good grip on cornering after years of actual track time.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Glock Enthusiast
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bo_Jangles
Thanks for the tips though. Note I'm not an a**hole who thinks he knows everything about riding a bike, I'm always open to learning something new. That being said I think I have a good grip on cornering after years of actual track time.
You sure about that? You sure come off as one.

What camera did you guys use?

Last edited by Glock Enthusiast; 09-02-2011 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:36 PM
2011Deluxe
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Other Sheep
Bo, I don't think I could lean my head the opposite direction of the turn if I tried or practiced for days. Watch the video and see which direction the camera guy is leaning his head in turns. The more you lean your body, including head, into a turn the less the bike needs to lean. I'm not trying to knock your riding style but I think you should go back out there and do it again but try leaning your head into the turn. I think you'll be surprised at how much smoother and faster you can ride the corners.
Agree with this 100%. I think that most people that watch the video will also pick up on it. Bo I think that you would be amazed if you took this advice.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:26 AM
asm481
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The first few seconds of the video worried me. Feet draggers always make me think they are afraid they will tip over but can catch themselves with their feet out. Maybe you were playin'. I have done that myself draggin all across an intersection.
As far as the head tip, it does look odd/wrong/bad. I wonder what I look/ride like. I actually would like an honest critique after 30+ years of self training.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:29 AM
asm481
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I just took another look at the pics. It does look like your shoulders are even "counterleaning". Tilting head is one thing, your shoulders are way out.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:36 AM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member

Regardless of all these self-proclaimed expert critiques , I would have liked to been there to run the mountain with you for the shear fun of it..........Looks like you guy's had a blast.

Except maybe were your buddy is almost up you backside there in the beginning

Old 09-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Johansson
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's an insane piece of road on that mountain.

Old 09-03-2011, 05:29 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow Bo. I never said I knew everything about riding and I also said I wasn't meaning to offend you. Sorry if it came across that way. I've ridden that road for decades and yes it is a blast. Another great one is the Sunrise Hiway out of Julian.

Quick Reply: viedo from last weeks ride up palomar mountain