Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

viedo from last weeks ride up palomar mountain

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Bo_Jangles
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Glock Enthusiast
You sure about that? You sure come off as one.

What camera did you guys use?
Go pro. I'm definately not an ******* about riding. An ******* yes but on bikes no. I don't pretend to know everything and always take the time to educate myself. I've done Keith Codes CA superbike school, as well as a few of his follow up total control classes given to the military free of cost not only on a superbike but this dyna as well. I've attended countless open track sessions at willow springs and the new amazing chuckwalla track, I've had been taped and critiqued before by folks who have the credentials to do so. I've never stuck a leg out and dragged my foot that's a dirt bike/supermoto technique to control backing the rear end into a turn. My head doesn't counter lean it stays straight up and down to look straight through the turn. Imagine putting your chin on your side mirror. The deal about this particular bike is its not a sport bike. It.doesn't have rearsets or mid controls so body positioning is limited in order to keep your feet on the pegs. In no way am I claiming my technique is perfect. But I also don't see any other videos of folks riding their bikes in the same manner. It seems to me its easy to critique from your keyboard but hard to back it up from your keyboard as well. My suggestion is to get on your bike press the start switch and go for a ride. It's not hard or expensive to tape your self. Hell before the gopro came we would duct tape a big *** camcorder to the tank. All that being said I'll do my very best to take everyone's suggestions and put them into practice on my next ride. And if anyone is ever interested in joining me for some personal one on one instruction I would be so appreciative. BTW thanks to the one or two dudes who had something nice to say. Maybe they are the only ones who enjoy their bike as much as I do.