Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

My first GoPro helmet mount test

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 10:33 PM
VTK
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first GoPro helmet mount test

It's a little over 3 minutes after chooping a lot of it just so I could upload it. As it is it took over 3 hrs...for a very amateur and **** poor video but I like the definition of the video. There's wind noise so I masked it with music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z1biKtxcO8

Last edited by VTK; 06-27-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:29 AM
john218
Intermediate

Nice job! How / what software did you use to convert the mp4 format to be able to download to youtube. I am also a new GoPro user and having fun learning how to edit, dub, etc.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:56 AM
Texas T
Road Master

Very Cool , i enjoyed watching it

(couldnt hear it, sound on my computer doesnt work)

Old 06-27-2011, 10:28 AM
VTK
Road Master

Thanks guys - right now I'm using Windows Movie Maker and finding it's not as bad as some people make it out to be. I don't use anything else. From camera to hard drive to movie maker.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:31 AM
NYBagger92
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

nice. i have a helmet mount and a mount that will work on highway bars, and saddle bag guards. the videos are priceless to me. i can also get head on shots of my friends... which they love... by mounting to saddle bag guards.

enjoy it.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Jack Straw
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Awesome. I'm seriously thinking about getting one of these. A couple of questions for you guys.

1). Can you turn the audio recording off completely while filming? So, you don't get the wind noise at all.

2). I don't want any kind of permanent mount on my helmet. Can I use the head-lamp style strap over my helmet? Or any other suggestions or advice.

Thanks!

Old 06-27-2011, 11:53 AM
CruzN
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fleabite
Awesome. I'm seriously thinking about getting one of these. A couple of questions for you guys.

1). Can you turn the audio recording off completely while filming? So, you don't get the wind noise at all.

2). I don't want any kind of permanent mount on my helmet. Can I use the head-lamp style strap over my helmet? Or any other suggestions or advice.

Thanks!
1.. no, but it's easy with free software to remove the audio
2.. it's just a small flat plastic piece held with 3m tape. Easy to remove and hardly noticeable on the helmet.

I bought a ram mount for the housing, a 5 inch arm, and a clap like ram mount that will clamp onto my engine guards ( or someonelses in just a few seconds )

I tried the handle bar mount but the bike at low rpm's takes bad pictures.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:57 AM
VTK
Road Master

Hey Flea -

Not on the camera - but when you edit it you can turn it down and save it before adding music if that's what you want to add.

I don't have their 'helmet mount' - I expand the head strap to fit the helmet then adjust for a firm fit. A guy where I bought it told me to 'save the money'. There's little to no chance of it slipping or falling off

Hope that helps - V

Old 06-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Jack Straw
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by VTK
Hey Flea -

Not on the camera - but when you edit it you can turn it down and save it before adding music if that's what you want to add.

I don't have their 'helmet mount' - I expand the head strap to fit the helmet then adjust for a firm fit. A guy where I bought it told me to 'save the money'. There's little to no chance of it slipping or falling off

Hope that helps - V
Great! You answered both questions to my liking!! hahaha

Thanks!!! Now, I just have to decide if I want to pony up for one before Sturgis.

Old 07-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Bachus
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Word of warning to you GoPro users

Word of warning to you GoPro users. Keep an close look at the mounting arms.

This is what happend to mine and a friend in Tenn.

Sheared off at the two peices that fit into the nest arm.

Buddy watched his drop off of handlebars, I didn;t see mine go, was mounted to crash bars. This is what i found in the road.

GoPro did stand behind it and sent me a new camera. They have a great product, just not sure of the nylon mounting arms.

Dan B,
Central Ks.

Quick Reply: My first GoPro helmet mount test