Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

Bob Saget and Iron Order MC

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 07:52 PM
skeet000
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bob Saget and Iron Order MC

Just watched this on HULU.com... thought it was pretty ok.... had a smile in it...
http://www.hulu.com/watch/197024/str...ardcore-bikers

Skeet

Old 12-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Gazzalodi
Road Master

Received 98 Likes on 59 Posts

It left me feeling kind of skeevy. I mean, having a non-member tv personality basically being the guest of honor at a fallen rider memorial? really? I feel sorry for the family, but really the club should have done the memorial in private and had outsiders come for the wake. Then the whole fake mug shot thing. Com'on, a bunch of cops and friends taking pretend mug shots of eachother to hang in their clubhouse, that's amazingly bad taste, that alone would have me avoid these clowns like the plague. Then they hang kinda-sorta club patches on the guy after he's ridden in a side car for a couple of days. Sad. Bob Sagat was humorous throughout, but the club came off really pathetic, whoring themselves out for attention.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:39 PM
skeet000
Advanced

Originally Posted by Gazzalodi
It left me feeling kind of skeevy. I mean, having a non-member tv personality basically being the guest of honor at a fallen rider memorial? really? I feel sorry for the family, but really the club should have done the memorial in private and had outsiders come for the wake. Then the whole fake mug shot thing. Com'on, a bunch of cops and friends taking pretend mug shots of eachother to hang in their clubhouse, that's amazingly bad taste, that alone would have me avoid these clowns like the plague. Then they hang kinda-sorta club patches on the guy after he's ridden in a side car for a couple of days. Sad. Bob Sagat was humorous throughout, but the club came off really pathetic, whoring themselves out for attention.
I see some of your points there....

Old 12-02-2010, 09:03 PM
black dyna
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so he rode in a sidecar with a cop club.o thats right they are badass bikers i forgot.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:38 PM
skeet000
Advanced

Originally Posted by black dyna
so he rode in a sidecar with a cop club.o thats right they are badass bikers i forgot.
Hey... I don't know who they are, and never thought anything at Saget either much... I just thought it intersting. And hey.. Bob S acted genuinely moved by it... Hollywood stuff maybe...but hey..

They a LEO club? I'm lazy and dont feel like looking it up....

The end where Saget dropped the bike was funny

Old 12-02-2010, 09:46 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gazzalodi
Originally Posted by black dyna
I took the whole show a little differently. The Iron Order is not a "cop" club. It's a MC, much like the ones of the late 40's early 50's; although they allow women to ride. I really don't know the whole rule or rules behind that. Anyway, the show reminded me of the stories in the Boozefighters book.

I am sure, not positive, that A&E contacted the club long before shooting the show. So the club, I'm sure, reviewed idea like a club might do. Obviously the club agreed to let them in, all the way in. I can see how they came off as "whoring" themselves out, but I think they were opening their "arms" to Saget and crew. One thing you all forgot.....Saget with his choked up speech to the members of the club thanking them for sharing the ups (wedding and parties) and downs (death of a member) of their club. Saget looked emotionally wrecked talking to that little kid as he cleaned that deceased club president's bike....

I never liked Saget with his stupid one liners on America's Funniest Home Videos. But it appeared to me at least, he liked the atmosphere within the club and followed the "rules" of a, I guess, probate. Yeah, 1500 miles in a sidecar, bought some coffee, and served a few drinks and he is an honorary member. It' s their club, their rules, they lived with him on an off camera...they might know best.

The Iron Order never came off on camera or off as a 1%er type club...so I never judged them against those type of clubs.

Hat's is off to Saget, and hope that little kid finds peace and happiness.....

Last edited by "Dutch"; 12-02-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:52 PM
skeet000
Advanced

Originally Posted by "Dutch"
I took the whole show a little differently. The Iron Order is not a "cop" club. It's a MC, much like the ones of the late 40's early 50's; although they allow women to ride. I really don't know the whole rule or rules behind that. Anyway, the show reminded me of the stories in the Boozefighters book.

I am sure, not positive, that A&E contacted the club long before shooting the show. So the club, I'm sure, reviewed idea like a club might do. Obviously the club agreed to let them in, all the way in. I can see how they came off as "whoring" themselves out, but I think they were opening their "arms" to Saget and crew. One thing you all forgot.....Saget with his choked up speech to the members of the club thanking them for sharing the ups (wedding and parties) and downs (death of a member) of their club. Saget looked emotionally wrecked talking to that little kid as he cleaned that deceased club president's bike....

I never liked Saget with his stupid one liners on America's Funniest Home Videos. But it appeared to me at least, he liked the atmosphere within the club and followed the "rules" of a, I guess, probate. Yeah, 1500 miles in a sidecar, bought some coffee, and served a few drinks and he is an honorary member. It' s their club, their rules, they lived with him on an off camera...they might know best.

The Iron Order never came off on camera or off as a 1%er type club...so I never judged them against those type of clubs.

Hat's is off to Saget, and hope that little kid finds peace and happiness.....
That's all pretty much what I came away with also. Saget may have been a little Hollywood, but I didn't get that feeling either.
Well said....

Old 12-02-2010, 09:56 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

didn't watch the show but if you've ever watched entourage or heard his stand-up saget is nothing like his full house persona...

Old 12-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by "Dutch"
I took the whole show a little differently. The Iron Order is not a "cop" club.
Copied directly from their website www.ironordermc.com :

"We are veterans, active duty military, construction workers, truck drivers, businessmen, cops, feds, cooks, and any other occupation you can think of."

You let cops/feds in your club...in the eyes of most, you're a cop club. End of story.

Last edited by Sharknose; 12-02-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:03 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't find the thread I started when the show contacted me and asked if they could ride with my 'crew' to any of the big rallies. I declined and I guess the IO decided to do it. If anyone is better at searching than I am, I think I titled it, "They want to put me on TV".

Quick Reply: Bob Saget and Iron Order MC