Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

Bob Saget and Iron Order MC

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 07:17 AM
ed gien
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saget is the **** on a comedy stage!! People walked out disgusted thinking he was that wholesome guy! I thought it was a okay piece on a MC! If it was the Monguls or Hells, then I would of been saying hack!

Old 12-03-2010, 07:43 AM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Missed it, but sounds like a interesting program.

I can only say I'm glad I gave up trying to be a biker back in the 70's and now just like to ride, this being a Biker is getting far to confusing for this old guy, what with all the rules, policies, correct wearing apparel, kind of bike, and proper wave, who can be in your club, this respect thing and who knows what else....just to much to deal with.

Much more fun just riding down the highway enjoying life...imho

Al

Old 12-03-2010, 07:51 AM
.357 Magnum
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rocknrick
I don't have a problem with a 99%er MC group as long as they do not pretend to be anything else, and I am not sure these guys really do other than by wearing a three patch vest. Seems like thats asking for trouble from a 1%er group... and maybe, as Matt pointed out, why they seem to only wear their colors on occasions. As for having Saget in with a film crew? I have seen the Mongols and HAs do something similar, but they ran way short of handing out an honorary membership. That was lame.
"...As long as they do not pretend to be anything else?" Bit presumptuous of you to think you can dictate what others can or cannot "pretend" to be, arentcha? I sure hope you are not in a 1% club, because with silly veiled threats like, "that's asking for trouble," you're making such clubs look like they can't respect others' differing values and thus, that they are earning disrespect for themselves. You wouldn't want to earn that kind of disrespect for yourself and your club, would you?

Live and let live. If you can't be okay with others making their own rules for their own clubs and being whatever they want, you make yourself look like a dog in a pack, that has to nip at any other dog that lifts its leg to pee in order to reinforce the pack social structure. Act like a dog, get disrespected like a dog. Quit passing judgment on others, and you'll earn greater respect.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:49 AM
HD&CUMMINS
Banned

T-Dub, If you are looking for an old thread of yours you can go to your profile and look up your statistics. A lot easier than searching.

I watched this as well. It said "Outlaw Biker Club" in the info on my cable. I was like this could be interesting I wonder who he is riding with. Then they said IO. Who?

Seemed like an alright club, but letting Saget get patched in and do all that within a couple days is just absurd in "outlaw" clubs. Especially letting Saget ride a members bike at the end.

He should of rode with HA,Outlaws, Warlocks etc and would of been a lot more interesting. But Im sure they wouldnt want any part of the show.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:09 AM
rocknrick
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

temp deleted

Last edited by rocknrick; 12-03-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Badmonkey
Tourer
Old 12-03-2010, 09:47 AM
rocknrick
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by .357 Magnum
"...As long as they do not pretend to be anything else?" Bit presumptuous of you to think you can dictate what others can or cannot "pretend" to be, arentcha? I sure hope you are not in a 1% club, because with silly veiled threats like, "that's asking for trouble," you're making such clubs look like they can't respect others' differing values and thus, that they are earning disrespect for themselves. You wouldn't want to earn that kind of disrespect for yourself and your club, would you?

Live and let live. If you can't be okay with others making their own rules for their own clubs and being whatever they want, you make yourself look like a dog in a pack, that has to nip at any other dog that lifts its leg to pee in order to reinforce the pack social structure. Act like a dog, get disrespected like a dog. Quit passing judgment on others, and you'll earn greater respect.

I am not going to get into a tit for tat on this forum - I can see it getting waaay too long just based on your .357 signature. If you would like for us to have a better understanding about each other's opinions, you are welcome to PM me. Otherwise, sorry if you feel I pee'd in your cheerios. All is good.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Matt990724
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I watched the vid... didn't think that the "honorary patch" was a huge deal.. they didn't really skip anything (probate/hang around periods), because Sagat's patch is a 1-piece patch... I am not an "M/C Guy", but to me, it seems more akin to wearing support gear, than the actual club patch. Is it just me?

No different than Oprah getting an honorary PhD... she won't be practicing medicine anytime soon, and I doubt any real PhD will take her seriously... Let's be honest, most honorary awards are more about PR than about the title.

My thought on this is that the IO likely saw this as an op to boost club membership... voted on it, and they decided this was a good move for the IOMC. If they have any sense, they had editorial rights to the show before it aired to ensure that the club was cast in the best possible light, and then OK'ed the show. If it is what they want for their club, so be it.

I agree that Sagat seemed genuine throughout.. and agree, his real standup/Entourage bits are damn funny.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:16 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Real M/C's don't patch out women...sorry charlie.

Glad to hear a member state that they DON'T do that.

There are brothers and there are old ladies. Old ladies don't patch out.

If the CoC doesn't recognize you, then there is nothing but trouble waiting for you.

Why wouldn't the CoC recognize you? Gotta be a reason.

~Joe

Last edited by traveler; 12-03-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:19 AM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

The shows producers, editors, camera crew, and even Saget showed that those members (Iron Order) care about each other. They are a Motorcycle Club plain and simple. I read the book about the Boozefighers MC; the Iron Order MC came off, on this program, somewhat the same. A bunch of guys that like riding and drinking, hang out together and having fun.

I for one did not see any member acting like a "1%'er", if you want to label it, or acting in a manor that would have the viewer believe that they were or are an outlaw club. If the producers coined that show Saget rides with an outlaw club, then that is on them...not the Iron Order. If that is even an issue...this why I think this MC stuff is so childish. There is a club out there that feels "disrespected" because Bob Saget of Full House and AFHV fame...went to hang out with the Iron Order, a non-1% MC......

It always seems to come down to something like they can't do that, they are not a recognized club, a real club wouldn't do that, those are not the rules of MCs. Rules, I like this one....rules. We as a Country have rules, they are called laws break them and you will be punished, if found guilty. Outlaw clubs don't like johnny law and his enforcement of the laws...they are outlaws they don' t want to follow those rules...so they make their own set of rules?

Someone mentioned that it would have been a better show had it be filmed with one of the big four. I would disagree. It would have been a bunch of guys standing around with their backs to the cameras...leaving one or two to hang out with the Full House guy....if I have to go into details about the reason...you do not know outlaw clubs.

Quick Reply: Bob Saget and Iron Order MC