Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

Bob Saget and Iron Order MC

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 11:36 PM
Cat Mech
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

The Iron Order Club is a genuine club. It is not a 1% club and not a cop club. It is a law abiding or non-criminal club (no felony's allowed). Iron Order is structured like a 1% club but with out all the bullshit. The Motto is Family first Job second then Club. None of the meeting or rides are mandatory, if you can make it great. The women can ride with the club but cannot be a patched member, they have a women's club named the Iron Order Maidens. You can see some of their patches in the show, they are not a three piece patch.
To get into the Iron Order is like getting into any other club with a hang around preiod, the a prospect period, then a full patch. Iron Order is in 30 states and 4 countries. Although some of the chapters are small and not seen very often they are growing.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:37 PM
rmatt34
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by "Dutch"

Look at badmonkey's patch...see you've seen one before..
Wholy CHIT !!!! how the ***** did I miss that...no wonder I haven't seen any... I'm effing BLIND !!!

and THESE are the kinds of people they let in ...? WOAH, think I'll stick to the polar bear club ...

Old 12-02-2010, 11:40 PM
rmatt34
Road Master

Originally Posted by Cat Mech
The Iron Order Club is a genuine club. It is not a 1% club and not a cop club. It is a law abiding or non-criminal club (no felony's allowed). Iron Order is structured like a 1% club but with out all the bullshit. The Motto is Family first Job second then Club. None of the meeting or rides are mandatory, if you can make it great. The women can ride with the club but cannot be a patched member, they have a women's club named the Iron Order Maidens. You can see some of their patches in the show, they are not a three piece patch.
To get into the Iron Order is like getting into any other club with a hang around preiod, the a prospect period, then a full patch. Iron Order is in 30 states and 4 countries. Although some of the chapters are small and not seen very often they are growing.
Thank You !!!!

Old 12-02-2010, 11:44 PM
rocknrick
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't have a problem with a 99%er MC group as long as they do not pretend to be anything else, and I am not sure these guys really do other than by wearing a three patch vest. Seems like thats asking for trouble from a 1%er group... and maybe, as Matt pointed out, why they seem to only wear their colors on occasions. As for having Saget in with a film crew? I have seen the Mongols and HAs do something similar, but they ran way short of handing out an honorary membership. That was lame.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:59 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rocknrick
I don't have a problem with a 99%er MC group as long as they do not pretend to be anything else, and I am not sure these guys really do other than by wearing a three patch vest. Seems like thats asking for trouble from a 1%er group... and maybe, as Matt pointed out, why they seem to only wear their colors on occasions. As for having Saget in with a film crew? I have seen the Mongols and HAs do something similar, but they ran way short of handing out an honorary membership. That was lame.
RocknRick, none of us know what went on when the cameras were not on. He spend longer than one hour with those guys. I understand the short attention span of most people, but did not think you'd be one of them. I could really care less if that club decided to make him an honorary member.

I did find that he (Saget) was genuinely touch when he spoke to those members and I think he went away from it with a different mindset about motorcycle riders.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:06 AM
rmatt34
Road Master

If anyone hasn't seen it yet, his roast on Comedy Central was hilarious...

Jim Norton lit him up huge !!!

Old 12-03-2010, 12:09 AM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll have to look for it...you have to see this episode that is linked on this thread...Saget looks hilarious with that helmet and goggles...riding in a sidecar...at the end he dumps this guys bagger...

Old 12-03-2010, 12:36 AM
rocknrick
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by "Dutch"
RocknRick, none of us know what went on when the cameras were not on. He spend longer than one hour with those guys. I understand the short attention span of most people, but did not think you'd be one of them. I could really care less if that club decided to make him an honorary member.

I did find that he (Saget) was genuinely touch when he spoke to those members and I think he went away from it with a different mindset about motorcycle riders.
I understand where you are coming from Dutch, but I'll respectfully stick with my original opinion as it seems to undermine the integrity of any real club. I mean if they want to honor him (for putting them on TV) skip 'Hang Around' and move him directly to "Honorary Prospect'. I mean, they already have him on the 'mugshot wall of fame'. JMHO. But you're right, who really cares? Still, it was a pretty good clip overall - and hey, they got some valuable press out of it.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:45 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharknose
You let cops/feds in your club...in the eyes of most, you're a cop club. End of story.
Exactly. They are percieved as a cop club that allows firefighters, security guards and veterans. Many of the members are cops. It is what it is.

I'll say, though, they don't bother me, and I don't bother with them. I don't bear ill will towards any of the cop clubs, or to cops in general. They'll be at the toy run this weekend, then I'll see a few of them a couple of times over the year, but I've never had an occasion to have any kind of conversation with them, and don't see a need to.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:06 AM
Badmonkey
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dutch and Matt ..thank you...I am Iron Order...i will not get into any debates over an open forum about my club...We choose to mind our own buisness and we wear our colors everywhere..we are NOT a COP club...we do not back down and will not back down..we dont look for trouble and for you guys who think you know exactly what a 3 peice patch is ..I suggest you do some homework..and I dont mean watchin gangland either..Personally I enjoyed the A&E special,,Bob Saget is truley a great guy.

Any questions you can PM me

Quick Reply: Bob Saget and Iron Order MC