Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

Bob Saget and Iron Order MC

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 11:09 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HD&CUMMINS

Now what about a Firefighter MC or say a FF in a MC? Is that any different? He wears a uniform for the city/county and helps the citizens. Most likely he wont pull the bitch card and stop a confrontation.

JW.
Firemen don't take actions to remove someone from general society. They are not the confrontational type. If someone yelled, "I am a fireman" in a confrontation, they would hear, "and??" right before his eye got dotted.

A fireman with a black eye, is a fireman with a black eye.

A cop with a black eye, is a cop prosecuting someone for Felony Assault on a LEO.

That's the difference.

Old 12-04-2010, 05:24 AM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Can I enter this pissing contest?

Old 12-04-2010, 08:08 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I disagree.. Just because yer not a 1% club, you aren't automatically a LEO club.

Last edited by schumacher; 12-04-2010 at 08:49 AM.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:09 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by xFreebirdx
Can I enter this pissing contest?

amen

Old 12-04-2010, 09:05 AM
Harleybass
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What he Said!

Originally Posted by NickD
>>We choose to mind our own buisness and we wear our colors everywhere..we are NOT a COP club...we do not back down and will not back down.<<

I always get into trouble talking about "generational" differences but the sea change in bikerdom over the last twenty years is what causes these mis-understandings. It always was/is that not all patcholders in the major clubs are out-n-out criminals and (today) not all patcholders in the cop clubs are, excuse the expression, choir boys. In the 1970s the club life was very well defined but now, after the influx of so many and it's hard to describe them, but I’ll say “hobby bikers,” have managed to seriously blur the lines. At least in their own minds, LOL. Of course many righteous guys had the unfortunate luck to come on-board during this period, but you know who you are, and this isn’t about you.

Sure, things change over time, but we humans have no institutional memory that spans generations to save us from making the same mistakes over and over again. But we have traditions passed along from the old to the young, and that’s an important part of everything. It’s what anchors all we do. It’s as important to the Clubs as it is to you Cops, and to Fireman, Elks, and Shriners.

However, and here comes the big but . . .

Sorry, but if you have cops in a club, it’s a cop club. And while you’ve got the spiel down, “we do not back down and will not back down,” it rings hollow when you can legally carry a firearm and back it up with a badge. I won’t go into instances where this has caused problems up to and including the loss of life over something as petty as knuckles flying in a bar. But in the biker life occasionally, no matter your status, no matter how big you are, no matter how righteous you are, things just aren’t going to go your way. And in those cases you'll take your lumps. But I know you guys aren’t willing to do that without escalating the situation into something else altogether. I can come up a loser in a scuffle but as long as I put up a good fight there’s absolutely no shame in it. You can’t do that because you’ll loose face in front of your fellow officers. And you’re a cop 24/7 just like I was active duty Marine 24/7.

I see you wearing that three piece patch and it invokes the idea of me buying an old Interceptor, putting a light bar on it, and driving around pretending I’m some kind of cop. So my bedrock thought on this is a very simple one, pick a freaking side! Your own chain of command has issues with what you guys are doing. Now I’m not saying cop clubs couldn't gain a measure of respectability, you could, it would just take about 20 years of leaving your guns and badges at home and living or dying on your wits like the majority of us do.

I know you’re thinking, some of us carry guns too. But you know what? Don’t be so quick to believe it. Sure, sometimes when something is definitely up, but you know who carries more than anyone. Take a look at any of the gun threads on this board. It’s the hobby bikers who are afraid to leave their homes without a weapon. Those are the truly dangerous ones being they are so given to overreact. In reality clubs today interact and support each other more than the public is led to believe. Clubs, except for a couple of well known exceptions, get along pretty well. They support each others runs, fund raisers, funerals, and whatnot and it’s all based on mutual respect. In the meantime on your day job you guys raid clubhouses, confiscate weapons, bikes, and make a bunch of nonsense arrests that get splashed all over the front pages and six months later all your noise results in zero convictions. But the straights like that initial flurry of action and you get the funding to buy more cop equipment.

In the end, like in everything else, these boards and some of statements made here bare little resemblance to any form of real life. Hobby bikers posting here like to fall back on, “I’ll do whatever I want.” But they are being delusional. You know it, I know it, and I think they actually know it too. But I can live with the lawyers, accountants, and dentists who like to play biker on the weekends. It’s because of them I don’t get hassled anywhere near as much as I did 20 years ago. At a stop light they pretty much look just like me. So they make good camouflage for the guys out there really taking care of business. But, cops pretending to be righteous bikers, sorry man, that’s a bridge too far . .

+1
The Nail has been struck squarely on the head!

Old 12-04-2010, 09:33 AM
not2kool
Outstanding HDF Member

Any dude that would actually ride in a sidecar openly in public has my respect. I wouldn't do it for a million dollars, well maybe.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:43 AM
Hamburglar
Tourer

Schumacher is right. There are plenty of non 1% clubs that are not cop clubs. They do things the right way, follow protocol and earn respect. Like I have said before, IOMC is not that. They claim to not be a cop club but hide behind the badge when the sh*t hits the fan. Thats why I do not know of any legit club that respects them. The only links they have are to cop clubs and thats for a reason.

You think they'd put Bob Saget with any of the top 8 clubs? Please . They needed to put him somewhere he was safe. With people who acted tough, but really werent... and would call him brother by the end of the show. Makes me happy because now when I see these guys, I can ask them how their "brother" Bob is doing.

T-DUB you are all right in my book.

Dutch, I will PM you LIKE A MAN. and not bring personal conversations into a public arena. I will talk to you one on one. It is no one else's business. A lesson that "thin blue line" separates us on.

Last edited by Hamburglar; 12-04-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Blargh
Road Captain

why is it so important to you what a TV personality does?

who cares...

as for clubs? all the work it takes to follow all your rules to ride "free" would wear me out... guess I'll have to satisfy myself by just riding my harley?

Old 12-04-2010, 02:19 PM
GrimmRider
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ain't life great?

Old 12-04-2010, 02:55 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It just hit me that Bob Sagat is more accepted in the MC world than I am. I am going to go kill myself now.

Quick Reply: Bob Saget and Iron Order MC