Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

2007 Street Glide with V&H ovals video

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 04:14 PM
cincypiper
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2007 Street Glide with V&H ovals video

Excellent video! Loud enough for me, (my .02 )

Old 08-28-2006, 11:02 PM
06BlackFLHXI
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Blaine are the T-Rex's louder? and please dont give me a sales pitch
ORIGINAL: bountyhunter

Too quiet!

Old 08-28-2006, 11:26 PM
ski5844
Novice

Great video. I had Ovals on my 05 and I am waiting for them to be delivered for my 07. When I got my 07 my wife asked me to put the same mufflers on that I had on the 05. She said that they have a nice deep rumble while your getting on it but quite down on the slab. She don't say much on what I put on the bike but if she asks for something I try to give it to her. And I like the sound also, they get better with age.

Old 08-28-2006, 11:44 PM
dionne51
Road Captain

Just for those who care, the main reason I uploaded anything was due to my frustration trying to find sound files online before choosing my pipes. The sound quality on most websites that had anything was pretty bad. I know, go to the dealer and see what other guys got.....but not too many people have the new 96 engine and I thought that would make some difference. I also didn't 'beat' on the bike in the video in order for people to hear the startup, idle, and a few gear changes under typical throttle/acceleration. I may post another video in which I'm hitting it pretty hard but as mentioned in my original post....the limiting factor is the microphone on my video camera, which completely filters out the lowest tones.
Anyway, I hope this small video helped out someone in making their pipe purchasing decision, whether it was V&H or another brand. Thanks to all for the feedback.

Old 08-29-2006, 12:17 AM
DoCPooF
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Dionne.

I'll be picking my my SERK this Thurs and first thing I need to get rid of is the damn exhaust.

I was thinking slip ons until they come out with some proven True Duals and get the pcIII worked out.

Old 09-03-2006, 12:13 PM
gabhart
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 49 Posts

That thing sounds SWEET! That is exactly the way I want my '07 Ultra to sound like. And I do like the look of those slip on's too!

I can assume that the dealer that installed these pipes had a dyno?

From your experience with your '07 is there anything that I should be made aware of when getting these parts for my Ultra? I have been thinking about going with the V&H ovals along with the V&H FuelPack (the V&H website has the settings for the '07) and installing a Screamin' Eagle stage I kit.

Old 09-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Paintrain
Banned

How much was the race tuner and is that different then the V&H Fuelpak. I need to get one or the other.

Old 09-03-2006, 09:42 PM
dionne51
Road Captain

Nothing special to know and yes the dealer had a dyno. Get the pipes, tuner, and air kit and you won't be dissapointed. The bike runs smoother and I gained about 7 horsepower.

Old 09-03-2006, 09:53 PM
dionne51
Road Captain

Good chunk of change for the race tuner, receipt is filed and I'm too lazy to get up right now but it was roughly $450. It is HD's version of the FuelPack and the PowerCommander that you've likely read about in the forums. To be honest I'm not sure of the specific differences between any/all of them but they all essentially allow the fuel/air mix to be adjusted/optimized throughout the RPM range. Usually after a pipe and filter upgrade to the bike the mapping should be updated to account for the changes. (although I've read that some guys have done so without re-tuning but I can't beleive their bikes are running at their full potential).
Search the forums for the tuners, there is a lot of information regarding the different types. The majority of people seem to choose the SE race tuner or the PCIII module.

Link for details on the differences between the units;
https://www.hdforums.com/m_67296/tm.htm

Old 09-03-2006, 10:20 PM
Josey Wales
Cruiser

Sounds great! You can't live too far from me because I drink a lot of Wachusett Ale myself!

BTW: Which dealer had a dyno and did your work? I am looking for a good shop that will get it right!

Quick Reply: 2007 Street Glide with V&H ovals video