Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

Harley Over the edge on the Dragon

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Inforit
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Harley Over the edge on the Dragon

Personally I do not think the Dragon is all that great. All it is a bunch of curves with trees on each side of the road. It is fun for a little while but it gets old and tiring. Personally I think there are much better roads in NC than the Dragon. Ill would leave the dragon for the crutch rockets. I like nice sweeping curves with a nice views. One that comes to me is after Cherohala Skyway which is a nice ride, I took Hwy 68 from TN back to Cherokeee and what a nice 2 way highway with the valleys and mountains and it looked at one point that I was in a scenic picture with absolutely no one just me and my hog riding through some awesome road. It was an awesome feeling, I wanted to pull over and snap a picture but I was in the moment and I did not want to lose it so I just pressed on to Maggie Valley.

Old 07-27-2006, 07:19 PM
Cessna172
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Live and learn - Darwinism is alive and well. Wish the bike rider was miked - just before the ill-fated pass, we would probably have heard "watch this"!

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 07-27-2006, 07:31 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 1,601 Posts

My point is, freaking Cager!!!!! GET OFF THE DRAGON!!!!!

lp

Old 07-27-2006, 08:18 PM
bigbob
Intermediate

One of the greatest lessons I learned from Riders Edge was how to steer a bike! Sounds crazy, but when I first read it (to "push" in the direction you want to go) it made no sense. It would seem that when you push on your right hand, the handlebars would be pointing to the left ... and logic tells me you would go left. But when you actually do it, when you push on the right, it causes the bike to lay down (lean) right, causing a right turn. The practice of pushing with either hand to steer the bike provides for pinpoint accuracy! IMHO if the rider knew this, he would have remained on the road.

There are three things about the video that make me wonder:

1. The cage appears to swing over the yellow lines for a brief moment and then come back, just before the rider passed it.
2. The fact that they thought they might get their butts kicked seems to lend itself to that possibility.
3. The biker was around the cage and back in the lane before losing control. It's almost as if he froze.

I hope the rider is okay. Hate to see anyone get hurt.

Old 07-27-2006, 08:23 PM
eazy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Branded

Looks to me like he never made any attempt to turn, just went straight.
ORIGINAL: 55Bubba

Looks like the dude could have made the turn but there was no attempt to even atempt to turn. Course if he was stupid enough to pass there, he was probably too stupid to know how to try to make the turn. It should have been well within the capability of the bike to shoot on through the turn safely. What a moron !!!

Y'all ride safe now

Bubba
The ability to swerve and brake hard is non-existant. You could hear the motor unload and see the brake light. You could see the smoke and see the resulting skid mark. This guy had no chance of making that turn at that point.

I know, I've run through a corner too hard, gone straight while trying to turn, and hit the curb, wrecking my crotch rocket......................................Twice. [:@]

Old 07-27-2006, 08:40 PM
VROCK SE
Cruiser

What a Dipshit!

Old 07-27-2006, 08:49 PM
atomic
Road Warrior

Didn't even look like they were going that fast. I dont' think I would take a Harley through there anyway. If you want to ride fast on a road like that at least get a sport bike so you have a chance.

Old 07-27-2006, 09:49 PM
RockyTopRider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Inforit,

I totally agree. The Dragon is over rated heavy, heavy traffic, no views, and is a hell of a lot of work to get through. Cherohala is a much better ride. The views, sweeping curves, and no real traffic to deal with. If your coming to ride the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway is a must ride.

Old 07-27-2006, 10:41 PM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Went back through that video and paused it (CTRL+P in Windows Media Player) a few times. First off, the riders must not have EVER riden the Dragon before to pass coming into that particular hairpin turn..I also didn't see his brakelights come on although he was almost on a straight line and could have panic stopped IF he realized he wasn't setup for that very hard upcoming turn with no oncoming traffic...I think he was inexperienced and ohhhh so stupid to pass like that on a road he didn't know - much less..the Dragon.

Old 07-27-2006, 11:22 PM
shamboogiebanger
Cruiser

if he did get hurt he has only himself to blame.

Quick Reply: Harley Over the edge on the Dragon