Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

5 Year Old Riding A Harley

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,197 Likes on 7,371 Posts

Originally Posted by bcane98
Doc Holiday... Well said is all I can say... no need to call you a hypocrite, you said it better than I could... Poor Judgment says it all

As for your input about the laws... I just think some laws are written under a microscope though, and we could "what if" this situation all day though, but in the end nothing bad happened (at least that we could see on the film). I am American living overseas and I know more than just our laws. Unless you get to live in someone else's backyard we need to tread lightly when we assume they are an idiot, wrong, or whatever... Americans love to assume they know best... I know, I am one Trust me when I say living in Europe for 13 years has opened my eyes to the world... or living in any other country for that matter...

Would I do what Dad did... nope... I don't trust myself enough to allow my kids to do that... they're too much like me LOL! Oh by the way that is my Common Sense Tech23...

<---- WooHooo! I still think this is a cool emocon

Thank you sir

Have a great day and ride safe

Old 02-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Tech23
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Common sense isn't as common as hypocrites I guess... or maybe your perfection is too blinding for the rest of us to see

Next time you look in a mirror, give yourself a high five!

Never said I was perfect...just smart enough to know, you don't place a 5 year old at risk...or innocent people around you either. I don't care what country the public road is located in....

Tech23

Old 02-09-2010, 01:57 PM
bcane98
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tech23
Never said I was perfect...just smart enough to know, you don't place a 5 year old at risk...or innocent people around you either. I don't care what country the public road is located in....

Tech23
You've never put innocent people around you at risk... I bet you have taken both hands, or for that fact one hand off the handlebars... even if it was to just try it.... I bet you talk on a cell phone while driving too, even if you have hands a free device... It's all rhetorical, so don't bother answering. You've proven yourself yet again!

Old 02-09-2010, 02:02 PM
JustDave71
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 02DynaWG
Bcane, people are judging because kids cannot protect themselves. I'm not saying that his kids should be taken away from him, but if he does retarded **** like that, then he probably does other retarted **** with his kids. Like giving them alcohol to videotape the comedy that ensues. All to put it on youtube. I don't care what he does in the privacy of his home, but when his choices put the public or his kids at risk, then it is society's duty to do something about it.

He's an idiot and you should need a permit to reproduce. Court adjourned!
Wow, dude. Leaps of logic much?

It's HIS kid. Somehow...not sure how it was workin cuz I didn't watch the whole thing, but the shifting was smooth and the kid had the bike perfectly stable.

Not your kid. None of your business. Nothing "bad" happened.

jeez.

I thought it was cool as hell!

Old 02-09-2010, 02:06 PM
JustDave71
Outstanding HDF Member

hell my friends were joking about taking their 18mo girl on a ride around their neighborhood the other day! Too young, obviously, but it's THEIR kid

Old 02-09-2010, 02:16 PM
02DynaWG
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JustDave71
Wow, dude. Leaps of logic much?

It's HIS kid. Somehow...not sure how it was workin cuz I didn't watch the whole thing, but the shifting was smooth and the kid had the bike perfectly stable.

Not your kid. None of your business. Nothing "bad" happened.

jeez.

I thought it was cool as hell!
So, let me get this straight. People can praise this guy, but if we criticize then it's none of our business. Makes sense. When does it become other people's business? Just curious where the line is. People are just posting their opinions on here about this particular incident (which I don't totally believe is real anyway, btw). If this person passed me on the street doing this in traffic, would I do anything? Yes, I would.

Question for you. If you saw that someone left their child in the car while they ran into walmart. Would you do something? Or is it none of your business?

Old 02-09-2010, 02:34 PM
JustDave71
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 02DynaWG
So, let me get this straight. People can praise this guy, but if we criticize then it's none of our business.
no one actually "praised" him, and you can, of course, have an opinion. The way you stated yours in the post I quoted, in my opinion, sucked.

When does it become other people's business? Just curious where the line is. People are just posting their opinions on here about this particular incident (which I don't totally believe is real anyway, btw). If this person passed me on the street doing this in traffic, would I do anything? Yes, I would.
When does it become other people's business? Damn close to never.

Question for you. If you saw that someone left their child in the car while they ran into walmart. Would you do something? Or is it none of your business?
You really can't be serious. That's TWICE you made comparisons that make absolutely no sense at all. You compared this grown man taking his kid for a ride on the scoot and letting him gas / steer to him giving the kid alcohol and laughing at the results AND leaving a child unattended in a car.

You're making some big leaps there, bud. I like the "yes, I would" thing, too...I guess you'd go call some manner of government agency, get Big Brother involved, eh? CPS just loves people like you.

Old 02-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Tech23
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

You've never put innocent people around you at risk... I bet you have taken both hands, or for that fact one hand off the handlebars... even if it was to just try it.... I bet you talk on a cell phone while driving too, even if you have hands a free device... It's all rhetorical, so don't bother answering. You've proven yourself yet again!
I'll answer to anything I feel like. I'm entitled to my opinion...as are you. Sure, I was a kid once and did some foolish stuff...who didn't. The guy in question here is NOT a kid, and should have some common sense and know better. Entry level bikes are for entry level riders...there is a much better/safer way to teach your kid to ride. When you watch the video, the big issue you see is hypocrisy...not common sense or safety?? Here is another opinion...your....

Tech23

Last edited by Tech23; 02-09-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:05 PM
02DynaWG
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"You really can't be serious. That's TWICE you made comparisons that make absolutely no sense at all. You compared this grown man taking his kid for a ride on the scoot and letting him gas / steer to him giving the kid alcohol and laughing at the results AND leaving a child unattended in a car."

It's not a stretch. They're all examples of child endangerment. That's my point. Try to keep up. You didn't answer my last question. Would you do anything about a child left in a car.

The government isn't some evil entity that shouldn't exist. There has to be a government and there have to be people to have the moral fortitude to help children in certain circumstances. The CPS program can be a joke in certain cases. But, that does not make it useless. Some people do not take care of their kids, and put them in dangerous situations.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Shovelhead Jack
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been putting my kids on my bikes since they were around 4 years old. I wouldn't put them at the controls, that I think is sorta dumb, but I can't view the video at work so I'm not real sure the amount of control over the bike the kid had compared to dad. I took the 8 year old on her first trip on the freeway a couple weeks back. She's got her helmet, seat, sissy bar and all that. Seems to me that most responsible parents know what's safe for their kids and what's not. Just because I took the 8 year old on the freeway for a mile doesn't mean I'd do the same with my 5 year old. Some parents don't think kids should ride dirt bikes until they are of a certain age, others let their kids race at 5 or younger. What's fine for one kid may not be okay for another. I'm sure he knows better than we do.

Quick Reply: 5 Year Old Riding A Harley