Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

5 Year Old Riding A Harley

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 07:40 AM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,197 Likes on 7,371 Posts

Not only STUPID on a public street but here in North Carolina that is CHILD ENDANGERMENT and they take it serious. Just ask one of our Chapter members who rode her son who was also just 5 years old in front of her sitting practically on the tank because he was scared to ride on abck and could not touch the pegs. She learned a very hard lesson and it opened my eyes to the laws regarding this.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:53 AM
astark
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's a few to really get some of you going.

Oh, and how do we know that boy and his father in the video were wearing DOT approved helmets.

Attached Thumbnails 5 Year Old Riding A Harley-640709362_xfbdd-m.jpg   5 Year Old Riding A Harley-6a00d8341c581e53ef00e5503e94b48833-640wi.jpg  
Old 02-09-2010, 08:04 AM
bcane98
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by astark
Oh, and how do we know that boy and his father in the video were wearing DOT approved helmets.
If that video indeed was in Europe then wearing DOT helmets would be against the law, ECE 22.05 is the standard over here, but I see where you're going with it...

So many people out here think they know what's best for the rest of the world...

Let's make more laws to make all the wrongs in the world right...

I wonder why world peace is so hard to achieve with all these opinions... hmmm <--- this looks fun!

Old 02-09-2010, 09:20 AM
02DynaWG
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why are so many people on here getting butt hurt because of other's opinions? If the video was of him laying the bike down with his son on the tank, this thread would read very differently. But, he didn't.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:29 AM
02DynaWG
Cruiser

Bcane98, you're just a rebel without a cause. Man, if we all could just be as badass as you, how great this country would be. Fock the law! Laws do no good. It's my kid, and I'll do what I want. I don't need the government to protect my kid. Thanks for opening my eyes.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,197 Likes on 7,371 Posts

Originally Posted by bcane98
For all you who criticize... I hope for your sake you are perfect and have done absolutely nothing of the society normal path... if you have gone astray, then you are a hypocrite!!
?????????

I don't see where is has anything to do with right or wrong, perfect or not.

Very simple if this were here in the United States "SEVERAL" laws have been broken. It's one thing to make a mistake but to place a child in that much danger on a public street knowing the law just to video it for you tube is sad.

I would have loved to have been that kid at age 5! WOW That would have been so cool and at that age I did not have a clue the possible dangers.

But fornuately my parents knew better, used better judgement and obeyed the laws.

1) The child is not even old enough to go to school.
2) The child is not old enough to understand the danger.
3) The child is not able to know and understand the law and regulations.
4) The child is not old enough to have any form of drivers license.
5) The child is not able to reach the pegs.
6) The child is not able to apply the rear brake.

Need I go on?

That is the reason for so many laws in this world because of something like this and everyone in the world sees it and the rest of us suffer.

I'm not saying what Dad did is right or wrong...
I am saying he used very poor judgement.

For all we know that kid could have skills well beyond you nay-sayers...
Then take the kid to the DMV and see if he gets his license. I will take back all I have said if he does.

teach 'em young!
I agree 100% on the proper level, in safe conditions following the law.

Thanks for your opinion and thanks for allowing be to share mine.

If you still want to call me a hypocrite then so be it.

Ride Safe

Last edited by Cosmic Razorback; 02-09-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:54 AM
bcane98
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02DynaWG
Why are so many people on here getting butt hurt because of other's opinions? If the video was of him laying the bike down with his son on the tank, this thread would read very differently. But, he didn't.
Who's butt is hurt? I see it as healthy discussion, people offering their opinions, but if it's chapping your hind quarters that bad perhaps you should just leave the post alone.
You assumption about an accident is just that though! Thank goodness he didn't lay the bike down though...

Originally Posted by 02DynaWG
Bcane98, you're just a rebel without a cause. Man, if we all could just be as badass as you, how great this country would be. Fock the law! Laws do no good. It's my kid, and I'll do what I want. I don't need the government to protect my kid. Thanks for opening my eyes.
You are misspelling cuss words... nice... oh wait, you bypassing the websites filter. Your vocabulary must be the only strength you have which shows just how misinformed you really are. I don't need to resort to misspelled foul language to get around the filters on a forum that is easily accessed and probably reviewed by a number of young riders.

Don't get mad at me for you lack in intelligence.

For arguments sake I think you should "check yourself, before you wreck yourself" ... I am pretty sure that is quoted from a rap song back in the 90's LOL...

Doc Holiday... Well said is all I can say... no need to call you a hypocrite, you said it better than I could... Poor Judgment says it all

As for your input about the laws... I just think some laws are written under a microscope though, and we could "what if" this situation all day though, but in the end nothing bad happened (at least that we could see on the film). I am American living overseas and I know more than just our laws. Unless you get to live in someone else's backyard we need to tread lightly when we assume they are an idiot, wrong, or whatever... Americans love to assume they know best... I know, I am one Trust me when I say living in Europe for 13 years has opened my eyes to the world... or living in any other country for that matter...

Would I do what Dad did... nope... I don't trust myself enough to allow my kids to do that... they're too much like me LOL! Oh by the way that is my Common Sense Tech23...

<---- WooHooo! I still think this is a cool emocon

Last edited by bcane98; 02-09-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:02 AM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

Look's and sound's like there in Quebec.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:29 AM
02DynaWG
Cruiser

Bcane98.... touche [too-shey]

I've lived 6 years of my life overseas and know what you're talking about. But, I am thankful that there are laws in this country that prevent the riding with a whole family on a bike like in the pic in one of the previous posts. More laws does not necessarily equate to less freedoms.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:33 AM
silvrbill
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts

Well I have to chime in on this one.
Appears to me this vid is not taken in the good ol' US of A.
Germany perhaps? Austria? Switzerland? Maybe Canada......
What most people in the US don't understand is that other countries have a different set of standards than we do.
It's a whole 'nother world across the ocean and pass our borders, your not in Kansas anymore...........
Just because we think we know best all other countries and cultures should follow suit.
Well it doesn't work that way I assure you.

Quick Reply: 5 Year Old Riding A Harley