Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

Best HD camera to mount on Harley that does not produce wobbly video

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 07:13 AM
scoobysteve
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best HD camera to mount on Harley that does not produce wobbly video

I am organizing a road trip in 2010 and all of the bikes going will have a HD camera mounted to the bike, only I have been testing various models from GoPro / Contour and small portable cameras to top of the range hi end cameras, the biggest problem is vibration causing the well know "rolling shutter" issue, as all of the cameras have used CMOS chips,

has anyone through pure luck mounted a HD camera preferably small and cheap and had great stable results, and if so what make and model did you use and even better do you have any video you can post or direct me too.

As you can imagine with 8-10 riders this represent s a high investment and we dont want to wast a load of money with poor results.

Many thanks Steve

Old 11-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Zinje
Tourer

I use the gopro wide camera with a ram handlebar mount. I got pretty good results. Click on my video on the bottom of my signature if you want to check it out.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:04 PM
scoobysteve
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Zinje
I use the gopro wide camera with a ram handlebar mount. I got pretty good results. Click on my video on the bottom of my signature if you want to check it out.
Wow Zinje, my GoPro sucks with my bike I get a serious wobble on my bike, how smooth does your bike run and how much vibration do you feel can you read number plates in your mirrors or are they just a bur. I may well buy another GoProHD1080p when they come out and try that again only my results have been terrible. Thanks for posting.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Zinje
Tourer

Which version of the gopro do you have? They have a standard lens which I have seen pick up terrible vibration. I have the wide version which seems to work well with my mount.

I can't read the plates but i am thinking it's normal for our rides. I came from a metric and these harleys do vibrate (in a good way). My ride smoothens out nicely along the highway.

What kind of mount are you using?

Old 11-05-2009, 05:25 PM
scoobysteve
Cruiser

Zinje I have the GoPro Wide also I have this working great on a car and anything else but the Fat Bob its just not good enough for what I want. BUT now you have shown me I will get the new HD1080p version when its out as all the footage will be in 1080p HD. Thanks again.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Zinje
Tourer

Yeah... i'm going to get that HD version also

Old 11-05-2009, 05:38 PM
scoobysteve
Cruiser

Lets hope its as good as it looks. We will need at least 8 of these so you can see why I want to get it right.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:17 AM
jb1023
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That is a pretty cool vid.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:55 AM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member
Received 523 Likes on 353 Posts

Great video! I gotta get one of those...I can see watching videos when the weather sux and getting the rush!