Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

Emotional video message of Erik Buell announcing the closure of Buell Motorcycles

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 06:09 PM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 241 Likes on 161 Posts

Whats to say Eric Buell can't buy the company back from Harley, like Harley bought it from AMF?.,,

Old 10-22-2009, 07:10 PM
matt25
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont think his pockets are that deep. and i dont think his books show enaugh of a profit to barrow the money form any one. notice warren buffet didnt offer to bail them our.

haley was about 30 days from fileing bank rupcey then pof all is well and they had 9 new modles comeing out in 2010

Old 10-23-2009, 11:33 AM
bcane98
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the "New America"... buy, quick profit, sell, destroy (lives)... It is sad, very sad this is way life is going to be for a while until someone get's the head out of their butts. Some of you may disagree with me, some may agree with me, but after watching that video the sad truth is this will all become dust in the wind after a month or so... History is taught so that we not make the same mistakes twice... but what do you call it when we do... sigh...

I never owned a Buell, but man they sure did look nice and I've never heard a bad thing about 'em... Nice job HD! Dix!

Old 10-25-2009, 03:02 AM
Steve Zodiac
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

In the UK our economy is at least as bad as in the US. People are hurting and motorcycle sales have fallen through the floor.

H-D increased the price of it's bikes over here by 10% back in May. The list price of a new Fat Bob, for instance is now $17,289 so nobody is buying them. Are they mad? With a strategy like that, no wonder they can't sell bikes, they've priced themselves out of the market.

A guy I know had been saving up for a new Road King but when the price went up by about $3750 this year he was so angry that he bought a Honda instead. He got a great deal and saved himself enough money to buy a new car for his wife so he got a double benefit.

I've read that H-D profits are down 84% in the third quarter of 2009 and Buell has never made a profit and only sold about 135,000 bikes in its entire 26-year history. They've apparently decided to concentrate on their core market and are trying to sell off MV Agusta as well.

This is a damn shame. You see a lot of Buells over here in the UK. They are very popular with sportsbike riders who want something different than the usual 'Jap crap'. They will be sadly missed by many people.

It's hard to see where this will go. Without the risk and innovation that Buell bought to the company they are bound to loose out in the future. It's not all about profit.

With its customer base getting older H-D will eventually disappear up its own *** unless it starts to attract younger riders. It's not likely to be doing that for a long time.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:31 PM
FOCI
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

that really does suck because the blast was for learners. the buell line will be missed , and to agree that we should crush the import line keep american made here just like the jobs that will be lost.