Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

Accident caught on helmet cam....Be Careful!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 04:02 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: Accident caught on helmet cam....Be Careful!!

ORIGINAL: Sticky
They make a continuous loop video recording devise for cars. It records the last 30 seconds when something violent occurs like an accident. Now that would be a money maker for a helmet for sure. And it might just help prove your innocence.
Flight data recorders, "Black Box's" that are actually international orange operate the same way.
They just have a longer loop time on them.

Old 11-13-2006, 04:03 AM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts

ORIGINAL: hywy2hl

You know to me it seems like, #1 the dude in the car hit his brakes for no apparent reason. and #2 she seemed like she is kind of a newbie for just staying the course. I know things can happen in a matter of milliseconds but I think I would have tried to turn to the left and maybe avoid the car, since nobody was behind him in the diamond lane. To me it looked like she just tried to slow down and thought she could squeeze thru the 2 cars. imo

But damn, that is crazy, that dude should be locked up for driving like that!
Actually if I recall correctly she is a very experienced rider, and I believe she is part of the local (SoCal-LA area) race team. Keep in mind that cam is on the right side of her helmet, so we actually have no idea if there was a car parallel to her on the left.

Old 11-13-2006, 07:08 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,850 Likes on 804 Posts

Scary. The idiot that caused that should be strung up! [:@]

Clammy

Old 11-15-2006, 03:16 AM
Eyespy
Road Warrior
Location: Southern California High Desert, here and there....
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's Dawn. She is a good friend, and sometimes helps out at Willow Springs. She is okay, she's had a lot worse situations than that one.

Old 11-17-2006, 11:43 PM
mwhit069
Cruiser

Glad she is OK, I live west of LA now and and some of these cats just dont know how to drive. Scares the crap out of me sometimes.

Old 11-17-2006, 11:59 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: mwhit069
Glad she is OK, I live west of LA now and and some of these cats just dont know how to drive. Scares the crap out of me sometimes.
What makes you think idiocy is a local phenominon? Its contagious and the entire country has it to one degree or another. But I have to admit that the bigger "Blue" cities seem to have it the worst.

Old 12-19-2006, 06:39 PM
apco25guy
Cruiser

Ouch..... Man.. Really hits home when you 'cant get out'.... Hmmm Helmet cam.. I guess when I'm dead... someone can say... damn he screwed up.. or ... "your family is the proud owner of xyz corporation"...

Hope she's ok.....

Old 12-23-2006, 11:50 PM
dadofsix
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The cager may not have been deliberately negligent either. If you watch closely, it looks like his right rear tire locks up and the car begins an uncontrolled skid to the right. He probably panicked and did the worst thing he could do right then -- that is, turned into the skid. Some of what he says in the video seems to indicate an equipment failure

No doubt that he caused the accident. I'm just not convinced he's the idiot he's being made out to be. Having said that, it's an even more sobering lesson. Sometimes equipment failures can do you in just as easily as the actions of a moron.

Glad the rider's o.k.

<><Peace

Old 12-26-2006, 08:18 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts

ORIGINAL: dadofsix

The cager may not have been deliberately negligent either. If you watch closely, it looks like his right rear tire locks up and the car begins an uncontrolled skid to the right. He probably panicked and did the worst thing he could do right then -- that is, turned into the skid. Some of what he says in the video seems to indicate an equipment failure

No doubt that he caused the accident. I'm just not convinced he's the idiot he's being made out to be. Having said that, it's an even more sobering lesson. Sometimes equipment failures can do you in just as easily as the actions of a moron.

Glad the rider's o.k.

<><Peace
You might be right. But the fact that he sat in the car on the phone after watching someone go careening overhis hood makes me tend to doubt it though. Unless he was getting the results from his HIV test, he should've been off the phone and out of the car IMMEDIATELY upon stopping!

Old 12-27-2006, 04:19 PM
harleygold
Tourer

Wow! Damn glad she's ok! Thanks for sharing!

Quick Reply: Accident caught on helmet cam....Be Careful!!