Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

Just a stupid test video

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 01:52 AM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 583 Likes on 219 Posts
Default Just a stupid test video

I'm a photographer that decided to dabble a bit in video.....

This lil GoPro camera is pretty damn cool for the price and features. This lil guy with it's all rigging has cost me less than $300... I have spent close to $1K on other rigging for mounts for my DSLR cameras .. then again, I'm mounting $4K worth of equipment on it.

Camera is mounted on the top-right side of the engine guard of a 2010 FLHX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_hZThOvSZE

Old 09-18-2009, 07:17 AM
pastorralph
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, I'm no photographer or videographer, but I'd say that's a pretty dang good camera and mount for $300.00. Is it waterproof, or would that be $400.00?

Old 09-18-2009, 07:46 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Uh huh. I saw the right side of your front tire.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:25 AM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by pastorralph
So, I'm no photographer or videographer, but I'd say that's a pretty dang good camera and mount for $300.00. Is it waterproof, or would that be $400.00?
Yup! Water proof to 100 Feet.

I have an idea for a video that I do want to make on the bike. I'm just getting used to the video editing software and finding locations on the bike that I can mount the camera to.

Uh huh huh uh ... I said 'mount'.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:43 AM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Seems like a pretty good video with minimal vibration....did wind noise overpower exhaust? Did "noise" on hard acceleration take out video? Thanks for the post, caused me to look at camera specs and Ebay pricing. John

Old 09-18-2009, 08:47 AM
offspring
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent quality; what camera are you using and what is your output format?

Old 09-18-2009, 10:25 AM
Foodog
Elite HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts

Darn good video for first try. Given the movement of the front suspension I'm impressed that the video image remained steady. You have a pretty nice mix of music and exhaust sound and the absence of wind noise is a big plus. Most clips that I've watched have really loud rock music blaring which causes me to stop watching or turn the sound off completely. You music selection was good until near the end where the volume cranks up. Since it's a motorcycle video my personal preference is to have the exhaust noise dominant and a bit of music underneath. A nice set of Vance and Hines pipes would be great. You're on the right track for my personal preferences and I hope you'll post some more of your work. BTW... that was a pretty cool effect when you caught up with your shadow.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member

Thanks everyone for watching and commenting

Originally Posted by flibuoy
Seems like a pretty good video with minimal vibration....did wind noise overpower exhaust? Did "noise" on hard acceleration take out video? Thanks for the post, caused me to look at camera specs and Ebay pricing. John
The camera sits in an enclosed housing, the housing has the attachment point for all the accessories. The housing is also water tight to 100ft, so not a lot of sound gets in but when it does it is real muffled. Supposedly you can remove the gasket and let more sound in, but I have not tried it yet.

Excellent quality; what camera are you using and what is your output format?
Camera's Website Clicky
Camera's FAQ Clicky

FooDog:
Right now I'm just testing mounting locations to see how the different angles look and to see how much vibration there is. I was impressed also with how stable the camera is, both in the lack of vibration and the fact that the mounting hardware stays in place and doesnt slip considering the other mounting system that I have (see picture below). I tested it this morning on the way to work with the camera mounted on the fairing above the head light.... it does shake a little there but it's not bad.

Yea, I didn't like the end of the music either when it changed, but I got lazy and decided to leave it as is.

The bike is still stock mostly, so there isn't alot of exhaust note anyways.

Old 09-20-2009, 11:26 AM
racerdj
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great quality video.