Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

Hoosier Pass Colorado - Helmet Cam Ride

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 03:38 AM
HarleyWood
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hoosier Pass Colorado - Helmet Cam Ride

great stuff....come on spring!

Old 03-26-2006, 09:04 PM
Cigar Aggie
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sitting here after running 21 miles and walking 2 training for Boston Marathon. And because of tired legs and cramping I have to hang at the House so you can imagine my frustration with not being able to get on my bike. So I stumble across your AWESOME videos. My pain disappears and my mind wanders through those hills and valleys! Cant wait to get back to the bike and cover miles like that! THANKS AGAIN!

Old 03-27-2006, 09:30 PM
Renegade
Tourer

Good looking out for those sheep!

Old 03-28-2006, 11:11 AM
sfarson
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Cigar Aggie

Sitting here after running 21 miles and walking 2 training for Boston Marathon. And because of tired legs and cramping I have to hang at the House so you can imagine my frustration with not being able to get on my bike. So I stumble across your AWESOME videos. My pain disappears and my mind wanders through those hills and valleys! Cant wait to get back to the bike and cover miles like that! THANKS AGAIN!
Good for you on the Marathon! Ran a 1/2 Marathon once. Took off too fast. Thought I was going to die when I hit the wall [8D]. And thanks for the vid comments. Good riding in '06!

Old 03-28-2006, 11:15 AM
sfarson
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Renegade

Good looking out for those sheep!
Yes, I had to take some serious and evasive maneuvers to avoid hitting them didn't I .

Was kinda nice to have them show up for the vid.

Old 04-13-2007, 02:42 PM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Still one of my favorite videos/soundtracks

Old 04-14-2007, 02:17 AM
skunk
Advanced

Steve,
good to see another post from you, these are always welcome, thanks. I will have to add that to the list of passes to cross this year. Not bad watching you ride it, me with my feet up on the desk, cold beverage in my hand, but would be more fun in person.

Old 04-14-2007, 03:21 AM
scarygt
Road Master

ORIGINAL: sfarson

Thanks... May just do that!

If interested in another vid, I did park the helmet cam on a Colorado/Utah ride I returned from five days ago. Had a business trip to Salt Lake City so asked my wife if I could ride it instead of fly it [8D]. Wasn't on the H-D, so didn't post here, but recorded a video each of the five days. Fantastic trip. Here's one of the vids from day #4 getting very good reviews on the web... Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument Utah - Streaming Video. May not be everyone's cup of tea, but fwiw until I record another H-D ride (and will do so soon).
I don't care what you were riding on because that video was freaking awesome! What camera are you using the 480 line one? Are you using that SD Ram cards? After watching your videos I'm thinking about getting two of those cameras and the the little DVR devices... that way I could have my wife recording from the passanger seat while I record the drivers perspective. I could then blend the two together during editing... it would be pretty darn cool I think.

What kind of a bike was that? It looked like an older one.

Thanks for the awesome video, Ralph

Old 04-14-2007, 05:54 AM
sfarson
Road Master

ORIGINAL: atrox88

Still one of my favorite videos/soundtracks
atrox88... Thanks for the thoughts and bringing this ride to memory again. Watched and went along again! That is a good soundtrack isn't it.

Steve

PS. Will be getting the recording gear out soon. The uh, weather, hasn't been kind this past winter!

Old 04-14-2007, 06:00 AM
sfarson
Road Master

skunk... Always good to hear from you.

Ralph... Thanks. I parked one of those Samsung SCX210L sportcams (with a bulletcam) to the side of the helmet. Not the greatest video quality but fine for web distribution, and the form factor (small) is great. The vid was from a BMW R1150GS. Munich's big dual-sport. Living in rural Colorado I have way many more dirt/rock forest roads nearby than paved, and it's kinds nice knowing any road is fair game.... roads I'd be reluctant to take the great RK down!

Quick Reply: Hoosier Pass Colorado - Helmet Cam Ride