Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

Hoosier Pass Colorado - Helmet Cam Ride

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 04:11 AM
sfarson
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hoosier Pass Colorado - Helmet Cam Ride

ORIGINAL: mickeymaxharley

Loved the video ride.
What was the title of the Doobie Brothers song used in your Hoosier Pass video?
Thanks.... "South City Midnight Lady" is the track. Probably my favorite song by the band. Guess it was just popular enough to make it to their Great Hits album. Discovered it and would play it on Saturday mornings before my high school baseball doubleheader games in the 1970's. Two nice instrumentals in the tune, combining slide, acoustic, and electic guitars.

Old 12-11-2005, 11:18 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

Steve,

I am planning a ride in Colorado starting August 4 that will take in all the paved passes in Colorado that are 10,000+ ft. So far I have found 22 of them, and Hossier is on the list. This trip will also include a trip to the top of Mt. Evans, the highest paved road in the USA. We plan to make it in about 5 days.

You are welcome to join us for all or part of the trip. I will get you a list of the passes I have if you are interested.

Regards,

Bill

Old 12-11-2005, 10:51 PM
Wolhar
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for posting the vid. Good ride and scenery is fantastic. The last time I was in Colo was shortly after the big flood 40 years or so ago. I would love to make it back.

Old 12-12-2005, 02:26 AM
sfarson
Road Master

Bill,

Sounds like a great ride and adventure you have planned. Sometimes it is nice to have an objective on a ride... this is a unique and creative one. Would be fun plotting the course. 22 paved ones. Hmmmm.... I think I've been over most but know I'm missing three... Cumbres and La Manga down near the NM border (I hear these are sweet), and Douglas Pass north of Grand Junction. My schedule next August is unknown with business travel, but as the date approaches send me a message!

Steve

Old 12-12-2005, 02:35 AM
sfarson
Road Master

ORIGINAL: ******

Thanks for posting the vid. Good ride and scenery is fantastic. The last time I was in Colo was shortly after the big flood 40 years or so ago. I would love to make it back.

******, The Big Thompson flash flood happened July '76. Maybe this is the one you're thinking of? A wall of water roaring down the canyon, claiming 145 lives. Rode up the canyon recently and it is not difficult imagining what it must have been like. I've read reports where cars and debris were deposited 50-100 feet up the canyon walls. There is a memorial halfway up the canyon with the names of the casualties, including those whose bodies were never found. If this isn't the one you're thinking of, well, never mind .

Old 12-16-2005, 11:32 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

Steve,

Douglas is only about 8,500 so it is not on the list, and would be kind of out of the way for the rest of the passes.

Cumbres and LaManaga are both on the list.

I'll get with you as we get closer to time.

Regards,

Bill

Old 12-17-2005, 12:40 AM
sfarson
Road Master

Can understand the Douglas Pass miss. Would note however a friend and his father rode over it once and he told me looking south down towards Grand Junction, with the sun getting low, it was one of the most beautiful sights he had seen, with the switching back and forth road looking like a snake in the sun.

Old 03-02-2006, 06:09 PM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Totally enjoyed this video. Thanks for doing it for us.

Old 03-06-2006, 12:49 AM
kt
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will be in Salida on Memorial Day, planning on going up to the tunnel (just to hear the bikes) haha. Also a day in Cripple Creek. Steve whats that stuff flowing across the road? I been told its water? Dont get much out here haha.

Kenny

Old 03-10-2006, 03:20 PM
motorcycles H/D
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi motorcycles H/D here in south yorkshire in the U.K.i just loved that vid you made,great music + you can still hear the V ROD nice,i really enjoyed the scenery and the shear beauty of it all.thanks again from the U.K.tara for now lollypop.

Quick Reply: Hoosier Pass Colorado - Helmet Cam Ride