Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

ACLU insanity, Ever AMERICAN should see this video

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 02:36 PM
capnhook
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KnightWRX
You're arguing semantics. If you're free to choose any religion you want, you're also free to choose no religion at all and live either as an Agnostic or an Atheist.

Which is fine, but it is not Uncle Sams job to make sure you never see a cross because it might offend you. You have the right to think whatever you want when you see the cross.

Same with freedom of speech, it is not freedom from speech. You don't have to agree with what someone else says, or even listen to them. But you can not prevent them from saying it.

Everyone needs to be free, not just atheist.

Old 07-18-2009, 03:32 PM
gunfighter
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ACLU insanity,Ever AMERICAN should see this video

The thing that I find strange about this entire incident/case, is that the idiot who filed the complaint, lives in Oregan, and not anywhere close to the desert cross. How the hell can something like this offend him? Since he doesn't have to look at it every day, he should not be allowed to file his motion unless he has written evidence that he is representing those area residents in the Mohive desert area of the cross, who are offended by the image. Hell, he can't even find one local resident that sides with him.What's next for America; some clown from east jib passes a veterams memorial one day in his vacation travels and files a complain against it for because it offends him and only him and he is appointing himself the crusader for all others. BULLSHIT! Even if they win (and they might given the idiots we have intrusted power to) and the cross comes down, the area residents should sneak up there every night and put up a new one. About time we stood up and defended this country against these anti-American foes.

Old 07-18-2009, 06:56 PM
tbrown2
Cruiser

The problem is that the cross in question is on Federal Land. My concern is that the ******** will go after some place like Arlington. It is on Federal Land and there are a lot of crosses there. In normal cases there is a reasonable person test. It doesn;t look like they used that here.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:15 AM
bazam9s
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stevengb
Read Jmillers post...that's what I was quoting...his first post on a harley davidson forum and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with motorcycles...let alone a harley.
I respectfully disagree...anywhere on the internet, newspaper, billboard or other type of media is a good place to post a concern, support or diservice to our veterans. Sadfully gone is the respect and appreciation our troops deserve every day of the past present and future. It needs to be mentioned whenever and where ever. You, me or Jmillers post would not be if it wasn't for the men and women who served our country to protect our right to be free. To also protect your freeedom to sit on your motorcycle in your sig pic or for anyone one of us to ride.

again respectfully

Last edited by bazam9s; 07-22-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:11 AM
bubbleb
Advanced

imo.... politically correctness and groups like the aclu are the downfall of this country. why should it matter if my beliefs offend anyone! i have the right to my own opinions, just as someone else has the right to disagree. But no where in the bill of rights does it say that anyone has the right to take my opinions away!!!!

Old 07-22-2009, 11:34 AM
bennenrkc
Tourer

I agree with the posts that raise the concern about Arlington, or any other national cemetery around the world. While this cross is on Federal land it is not being taken care of or repaired with federal tax dollars, how is Arlington or the Normandy Beach cemetery or the several other federally maintained where substantial federal funds are used to maintain the crosses that are at these places.

And offend him my a$$, he is in Oregon what does he care about this cross other than to make a point and to be an a$$. Sorry needed to vent, I am not deeply religilous and have no ties to the military and can;t imagine how it would make the veterans, and current military feel. Where does it end, will soldiers be allowed to carry anything religous with them when they leave, technically they are on federal property when they are on a ship, plane, most bases and numerous other locations. Is this guy from oregon going to be offended because the individual that died for his freedom to persecute those that believe in something different than him was wearing a cross around his/her neck.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The ACLU would represent Osama Bin Laden if he wasn't read his Miranda Rights on the day that he's captured.

They do stuff like this that makes them a joke. Same goes for PETA. I wish they would all drink some magic Kool-Aid for their cause and just dissappear. Oh, and by "magic" I mean kool-aid laced with cyanide.

Originally Posted by jmiller327
I don't advocate violence unless you're defending yourself, but I'm to the point with these liberal idiots and their insanity that I truly believe we need another Civil War. I have no problem with opposing views, that's what FREEDOM is all about, but when a minority of idiots can literally cause the majority to lose their freedoms and change their way of life, enough is enough. This crap just keeps getting worse and worse. It's about time for the majority to start taking control of our Country again. The media promotes this crap, Hollywood promotes this crap and to make matter worse our courts and legal system usually cow-tow to this crap. Good Lord (oops...so sorry), this has got me in a rage!
You have no problem with opposing views? That's why we should start another civil war? Makes perfect sense. The "majority" takes control of our country every 4 years dude. That's how democracy works.

Old 07-22-2009, 03:01 PM
Heritage123
Cruiser

I'm offended by every lawyer that works for the ACLU. Every time I see one I get sick and want to puke. Are they going to make them go away. Do you reckon the courts of our land will do anything to make me feel better....
It's a shame that one man (who lives in another state) can tell so many how it is going to be.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:59 AM
KnightWRX
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Heritage123
I'm offended by every lawyer that works for the ACLU. Every time I see one I get sick and want to puke. Are they going to make them go away. Do you reckon the courts of our land will do anything to make me feel better....
It's a shame that one man (who lives in another state) can tell so many how it is going to be.
Actually, the guy alone isn't the sole responsible for this action. When you think about it, he wouldn't have had any ground to bring this before the courts if there wasn't something on the books already about the federal government having to be religion free.

I'd say if you want to be pissed, don't be pissed at the ACLU or the guy himself, all they are trying to enforce are the laws of the land. Be pissed at the guy who made this stupid law to begin with.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Fossil
Cruiser

First off this whole thing is beign discussed along political party lines. Placing a cross, Star of David, Islamic, etc. isn't the job of the US Dept. of the Interior. I am in favor of that cross being taken down and put on private property. The ACLU went to court on Arlington Cemetery to get all faiths reflected on their markers and not just crosses. The ACLU supports and defends the constituion whether it is popular or not. Many laws have been found unconstituional because the only people who dared correct it was the ACLU. I thank them for that. Fossil