Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

ACLU insanity, Ever AMERICAN should see this video

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 402 Likes on 268 Posts

WTF is this doing on an HD forum

Old 07-16-2009, 07:55 PM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Smile popcorn anyone?

There is a section dedicated to political issues on this forum...clearly identified as such...this thread perhaps should have been there but then again we are not the moderators are we.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:30 PM
stevengb
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flibuoy
Jmiller did not post the video. I agree that perhaps OP could have better placed in the Political and Open Discussion area. This caught my eye simply because it was pointed out how many posts the guy had (1) as if to say 850-900 would have given him more credibility. There are folks on here with 12K+ and they serve as proof that quantity does not cause quality.

from one newbie to the other newbies amongst us .....welcome to the forum
Read Jmillers post...that's what I was quoting...his first post on a harley davidson forum and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with motorcycles...let alone a harley.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:33 PM
stevengb
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by capnhook
Really? Here is the first amendment.

First Amendment: addresses the rights of freedom of religion (prohibiting Congressional establishment of a religion over another religion through Law and protecting the right to free exercise of religion), freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of assembly, and freedom of petition.

Please point out where you get freedom FROM religion?

I would suggest that freedom of religion would qualify as the same as freedom from religion. maybe his religion is that of no religion or at the very least not your religion. Personally I'm a christian...but this still does NOT belong in this spot that it's in.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:45 AM
capnhook
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by stevengb
I would suggest that freedom of religion would qualify as the same as freedom from religion. maybe his religion is that of no religion or at the very least not your religion. Personally I'm a christian...but this still does NOT belong in this spot that it's in.

Not at all religious myself, but people have the right to it.

Of is not the same as from.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:34 AM
sgarrity
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a left wing liberal and generally support the ACLU. But this is going WAY too far!! What's next? No more crosses in Arlington Cemetary?? I believe strongly in separation of church and state but this is just crazy. There are so many other issues that need attention in this country I just can't believe people are wasting money and time on a cross in the middle of the desert!

Old 07-17-2009, 11:29 PM
Bowtieman31
Road Master

Total waste of the courts time and the taxpayer's money. This case shouldv'e never been heard. I sure hope this guy doesn't drive to Las Cruces, New Mexico and see the three large crosses that grace the entrance of that area.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:44 AM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Smile Welcome to Texas ACLU...now go home

On the Southeast side of Houston a 137' LIT cross went up. There has been some discussion about the LIT part because it makes one whole neighborhood difficult to sleep in I guess....zero talk of it coming down as far as I know. I have a deep suspicion that nobody is gonna get to "box" this one. It is easy on/easy off from our "loop" so when Bubba and Bobby Sue explain how they are gonna rip off some heads the ACLU girls will be able to get moving before the GPS warms up. Texas isn't California and I am fairly confident that it won't be either.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:27 AM
stevengb
Road Warrior

ever been on I-70 thru Effingham, IL ? World's largest cross...really lights the sky at night....you can't miss it.
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/4116

Old 07-18-2009, 02:23 PM
KnightWRX
Road Captain

Originally Posted by capnhook
Not at all religious myself, but people have the right to it.

Of is not the same as from.
You're arguing semantics. If you're free to choose any religion you want, you're also free to choose no religion at all and live either as an Agnostic or an Atheist.