Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

Been Lookin' (for old HD advertisement)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 09:03 AM
BobcatBob
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Been Lookin' (for old HD advertisement)

I've been searching:
For an old Harley Advertisement from I would say the late 90's.
I used to see it during NASCAR races.
It went like this:
Grandpa was sitting on the pourch with his grandson.
About this time one or more HD's go rumbling by in front of the house.
The grandson asks grandpa if he ever had a Harley Davidson.
Grandpa replys with anguish on his face, almost looking into the past....well one time I almost bought one, but then I spent the money on siding for the house...........
I think I'm close on the script, and forget the closing.
I've searched UTube, but can't find it.
I probably have it on an old VHS tape of a race, but finding it will be luck.
Anyone know if a place on the web where it may be posted.
If I come up with it, I'll post it.
BcB

The following users liked this post:
Antonio Moreno (10-12-2020)
Old 01-30-2009, 10:27 AM
Hal64hd
Road Master

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts

Actually I think it was 2002 -2003

Old 01-30-2009, 01:13 PM
7score
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BobcatBob
I've been searching:
For an old Harley Advertisement from I would say the late 90's.
I used to see it during NASCAR races.
It went like this:
Grandpa was sitting on the pourch with his grandson.
About this time one or more HD's go rumbling by in front of the house.
The grandson asks grandpa if he ever had a Harley Davidson.
Grandpa replys with anguish on his face, almost looking into the past....well one time I almost bought one, but then I spent the money on siding for the house...........
I think I'm close on the script, and forget the closing.
I've searched UTube, but can't find it.
I probably have it on an old VHS tape of a race, but finding it will be luck.
Anyone know if a place on the web where it may be posted.
If I come up with it, I'll post it.
BcB
I remember that HD advertisement. It was probably 1994. It was one of the things that inspired me to buy a Harley. I've been riding off and on since 1962, but I'd never had a Harley. I didn't want to be that old man, sitting on a porch, wishing that "I'd have bought me that Harley-Davidson".

Antonio Moreno (10-12-2020)
Old 01-30-2009, 06:47 PM
dick da printa
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i loved that ad, makes perfect sense. one of the few ads on tv that did.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:17 PM
7score
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that I'm confusing two different commercials. I found the one with the old man and his grandson, and I remember it. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...tisement&hl=en
The one that really inspired me to buy a Harley was similar... An old man sitting on a porch by himself, drinking a glass of lemonade(I think). He's reminiscing, out loud, about all the things that he'd done in the past; like wining and dining the girls on the French Riviera. All the while that he's talking, you can hear the distant rumbling of a Harley and it keeps getting closer. In his closing line he says " If there's just one thing I wished I'd have done, is to have bought me that Harley-Davidson". Just then, the Harley roars past with a bone chilling rumble.

The following 2 users liked this post by 7score:
Antonio Moreno (10-12-2020), Springerpilot (08-17-2023)
Old 01-31-2009, 12:04 AM
BobcatBob
Cruiser

7score,
That was the one I was thinking about.
I think I remember the one you mentioned too.
I'm going to play that one at work, two guys I work with plus myself don't want to end up like this grandpa. While we are years away from being able to reenact the commerical, everyday gets us closer. I have learned lots from this forum and hope to soon be making a sweet deal on an '09. The problem is, so many models, so little time. Guess it's time to get started....thanks again for finding it, BcB

Old 08-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Pod
Novice

That is the commercial that inspired me to, guy sitting on a rocking chair and you can here the bike going through the gears, Anyone find it yet?

Antonio Moreno (10-13-2020)
Old 08-14-2010, 11:32 AM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 7score
The one that really inspired me to buy a Harley was similar... An old man sitting on a porch by himself, drinking a glass of lemonade(I think). He's reminiscing, out loud, about all the things that he'd done in the past; like wining and dining the girls on the French Riviera. All the while that he's talking, you can hear the distant rumbling of a Harley and it keeps getting closer. In his closing line he says " If there's just one thing I wished I'd have done, is to have bought me that Harley-Davidson". Just then, the Harley roars past with a bone chilling rumble.
That's the one that pushed me over the edge. Until I saw that ad, I was always telling my wife, "someday, someday......."

Old 08-15-2010, 07:40 PM
hogrider09
Tourer

classic

Old 09-11-2024, 03:47 PM
TooTallTony
Default AD

Originally Posted by 7score
I think that I'm confusing two different commercials. I found the one with the old man and his grandson, and I remember it. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...tisement&hl=en
I don't know if you're still following the chat, but I've bveen looking for that ad for decades. My recollection is that it was kind of a gruff 60-year oldish Clint Eastwood kind of guy. In a rocking chair. "I've danced with the damsels in Denamrk. I frollicked with the frauleins in Frankfurt." (Something like that.) "But if I had it all to do over again, I'd a got me that Harley-Davidson motorcycle." I thought it was done by Carmichael-Lynch Advertising out of Minneapolis, but they can't find anyone who remembers it. It was done around the same time as the one with the two blind black guys ("Nice Hawley.") and the "Respect" series. Google them.

Quick Reply: Been Lookin' (for old HD advertisement)