Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

(UPDATED) Video From Hot Springs Trip

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008 | 08:30 PM
jskwarek
|
Road Master
Default (UPDATED) Video From Hot Springs Trip

I re-rendered the video and got it a little better. I will keep trying different combinations, but here is another try...
&nbsp\\;
http://youtube.com/watch?v=x3MwTyRKlf8
&nbsp\\;
Jeff
&nbsp\\;
Here is a video that I took during my Hot Springs trip last weekend.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; The camera was mounted to the handlebars with a Ram Mount so it shakes (I am going to come up with a better mount).
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zvccL3EoINE
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Jeff

Old 06-18-2008 | 08:31 PM
jskwarek
|
Road Master
Default RE: Video From Hot Springs Trip

Also seems that YouTube does not like HD Video so it compressed like crap sorry for the grainy video.&nbsp\\; I will do better next time, I will try and get the video of my buddy almost eating it twice the first time we took this same road later
&nbsp\\;
Jeff

Old 06-18-2008 | 08:35 PM
tom73
Tourer

The video quality is not the best but I still salivating looking at the road.

Old 06-18-2008 | 08:51 PM
jskwarek
|
Road Master

Yea the video looks better in full HD on my computer but since the camera was mounted the the bars behind the shield the shaking is causing some problems which is being magnified by the distortion caused by the rendering at YouTube.&nbsp\\; I will come up with a better mounting solution and get better video on the next trip.
&nbsp\\;
Jeff

Old 06-18-2008 | 10:59 PM
buttman
Road Master

Hey man, great video!!! Tower road is a great road to ride in town. One of the things I really like about it is the end of the loop is right next to the start of the loop. This way you can just do it over and over........just like you did in the video. While I was riding..I mean watching the video, I was remembering all of the loops I have made on it.....counting the turns and all that....what a blast!!!
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
What did you think of the Talimena scenic road? Did you get to ride scenic 7 and Mt. Nebo????
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-18-2008 | 11:10 PM
jskwarek
|
Road Master

Yea I can't thank you and Phil enough for talking me into riding into Hot Springs we had a blast.&nbsp\\; Unfortunately we didn't get to head north on 7 and do everything that we wanted to because of a storm that blew in on Friday night and Saturday so we just spent Saturday afternoon riding around Hot Springs.&nbsp\\; We did the Tower loop dozens of times once the traffic called down and we got used to the road it was like a roller coaster and was just a blast to ride.
&nbsp\\;
Like I told Phil earlier it is such a nice and easy trip I think we will make this a regular thing.
&nbsp\\;
As soon as I can figure out a better rendering for YouTube I will post more videos.
&nbsp\\;
Jeff

Old 06-19-2008 | 07:13 PM
jskwarek
|
Road Master

I re-rendered the video and got it a little better. I will keep trying different combinations, but here is another try...
&nbsp\\;
http://youtube.com/watch?v=x3MwTyRKlf8
&nbsp\\;
Jeff

Old 06-20-2008 | 03:56 AM
Teek
Road Warrior

I don't have a cam setup yet but I was tempted to get the Ram Mount. The more I think about it the more I seem to want a helmet/head cam. a small bullet cam with the recorder tends to be a more expensive setup though. How long did it take you to get to Hot Springs from DFW? I'm tempted to make a fall trip out there.
Teek

Old 06-20-2008 | 09:32 AM
jskwarek
|
Road Master

The video from this little cheap camera really is good. Like I said in previous post the two problems I am having are one the ram mounts are letting it move a little&nbsp\\;too much due to the handlebars and two the camera is behind the shield so when it flexes I also get a little distortion.&nbsp\\; I am going to move the camera down to the crash bar to see if that fixes the problems.&nbsp\\; If not then I will also be looking into a different head mounted solution.
&nbsp\\;
Jeff

Old 06-21-2008 | 01:35 AM
Teek
Road Warrior

Well, I'm on a Sportster, too, so vibration for me would very likely be worse than yours! I also just thought of a negative for a head mounted cam...especially recording in DFW traffic...shoulder checks and having head on a swivel to keep from getting run over! It might make the viewer dizzy!&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Oh, and although your video was distorted it definitely made me want to ride up that way! Other than the obviously addressed issues the video was nicely done and great music too. I watched it in it's entirety twice! Yeah, I wanna ride in Arkansas!
Teek

Quick Reply: (UPDATED) Video From Hot Springs Trip