Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

Driver tries to kill biker!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 09:13 PM
jeffflsti
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Driver tries to kill biker!

I see an inexperienced rider trying to pass when the red car was clearly passing the car in front. Look closely at the vehicle shadows. The shadow in front of the red car is in front a few feet and then as the car and bike attempt to pass the old white knuckled slow poke in front of them. The red car did not try to drive the biker off the road because at that moment he was passing the slowpoke. Bad judgement/timing on the bikers part for failure to yeild to right of way. A small % should go to the red car for not looking in rearview mirrors for safe passing. Seriously there was alot of traffic ahead so i'll blame that stupid schoolbus for creating such a mess in traffic.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:50 AM
boone432
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jeffflsti

I see an inexperienced rider trying to pass when the red car was clearly passing the car in front. Look closely at the vehicle shadows. The shadow in front of the red car is in front a few feet and then as the car and bike attempt to pass the old white knuckled slow poke in front of them. The red car did not try to drive the biker off the road because at that moment he was passing the slowpoke. Bad judgement/timing on the bikers part for failure to yeild to right of way. A small % should go to the red car for not looking in rearview mirrors for safe passing. Seriously there was alot of traffic ahead so i'll blame that stupid schoolbus for creating such a mess in traffic.
are you serious? Watch that video again! There wasn't even a car in front of the red one for it to pass, he just got mad at the biker and decided to hurt him. That white car is like 50 ft. ahead

Old 05-12-2008, 11:53 AM
boone432
Road Captain

nevermind. Looking at the shadows, there was a slow poke right in front of the red car, and that biker should have expected the red car to pass as well.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:23 PM
Bradley Jones
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bike shouldn't have tried to pass but the car should have looked first. this is a case of two bad judgments and one bad outcome. on the bright side there was a camera on board to keep us entertained!!!

Old 05-14-2008, 03:06 AM
Fred00
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: jeffflsti

Look again. The red car had NOT started his pass when the biker went for it. He began to pass when the rider was already alongside him. It's 100% the drivers fault, and he will go down for it considering the evidence.

Old 05-14-2008, 04:17 PM
jbnl163
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: chaos5

Some people should be **** shot! $!h7 like that pisses me off more than I can express in words.
I would say you expressed yourself fairly well.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:13 PM
BuddyinStL
Intermediate

I don't agree that the red car was passing. Look closely. The red car puts on his brakes just before the bike decides to pass. When was the last time you put your brakes on to pass a car?I say hang him!

Old 05-15-2008, 02:02 AM
Pitts2112
Road Captain

What we don't see is the pattern of the situation the previous couple of miles or so. Was the driver of the red car looking impatient and like he might want to pass, too? Was there any indication to the rider that the criver might make a move? If so, I'd have held back until he did so. In this video, I got the impression that was the case, so I wouldn't have passed until the car had done so. Plus the cars were so close together he'd have had to pass two - always a little riskier than just passing one. True, the driver can be accused of not looking before he made his move, but equally the rider was maybe pushing his luck a bit.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:32 PM
noname
Club Member
Received 989 Likes on 541 Posts

ORIGINAL: cou9ar

Okay I'm glad as it appeared the rider survived, but if you look at the vid the rider was not in the right, you could clearly see another car in front of the car,..... he was not trying to "GET" the guy on the bike he was just making his move "TOO" (as in also) pass the slow asses in front. You/we Have to learn to look more then 0ne or two seconds ahead to avoid these situations.............................plan for what the other dumb mf'rs is gonna due, ...............................There is no way I would have tried too pass that azzhole.................40+ years ridin miles and just saying..................[:@]
Yeah well, see, you're completely wrong about that. Anytime you change lanes it's your responsibility to make sure the lane you move into is clear. The lane was not clear, the car was in the wrong. Just because he wanted to pass doesn't mean he can!! He has to be sure it's safe to do so, and when someone is passing you, and you mave over and hit them, it's your fault. Noname

Old 05-16-2008, 12:45 AM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member

Loud pipes might have saved a life. Oops it was a crotch rocket.

Quick Reply: Driver tries to kill biker!