Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

Bike crashes into police car

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 08:46 PM
FLHTPI
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike crashes into police car

Did the crowd watching want to help the injured rider or drag the cop out of his car? [sm=confused06.gif]
http://www.guzer.com/videos/police_crash_bikers.php

Old 02-16-2006, 10:09 PM
maaiii
Tourer
Default RE: Bike crashes into police car

I think they wanted to stomp the dumb *** cop first. Just as well call two ambulances as one.

Old 02-16-2006, 10:29 PM
JonHanna
Road Master

that cop must've wanted to prove a point......he hates crazy stunt'n biker types[sm=smiley29.gif]

Old 02-16-2006, 10:45 PM
geno3j
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WTF???[sm=jawdrop.gif] anyone know the "Paul Harvey" (rest of the story) on this???

Old 02-16-2006, 11:01 PM
Snacky
Intermediate

Wait a minute. Dumb *** cop? What about dumbass doing over 100. Funny how everyone else in that group was doing a reasonable speed and was able to stop and then double dork flys by everyone at Mach1.
They were both in the wrong

Old 02-17-2006, 03:25 PM
maaiii
Tourer

So you don't think pulling out in front of a motorcycle doing 100MPH qualifies you as being a dumbass. WOW! There are alot of people doing really stupid stuff all the time (as seen in these videos, on this site, all the time), but I don't think I'm going to assure that they get hurt or killed AND PUT MYSELF in harms way to do what?..teach him a lesson. Well if he's dead, I guess he learned his lesson. Next time just get this "genius" cop to shoot the guy off of his motorcycle, its' better for the biker (he will suffer less), and he (the genius cop) won't get himself killed in the process, not to mention less damage to the car & bike.

Allen

Old 02-17-2006, 04:30 PM
JamieWG
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: maaiii

So you don't think pulling out in front of a motorcycle doing 100MPH qualifies you as being a dumbass. WOW! There are alot of people doing really stupid stuff all the time (as seen in these videos, on this site, all the time), but I don't think I'm going to assure that they get hurt or killed AND PUT MYSELF in harms way to do what?..teach him a lesson. Well if he's dead, I guess he learned his lesson. Next time just get this "genius" cop to shoot the guy off of his motorcycle, its' better for the biker (he will suffer less), and he (the genius cop) won't get himself killed in the process, not to mention less damage to the car & bike.

Allen
I have to agree with Snacky on this. The cop was wrong for pulling out in front of the bike, but the rider put himself in a bad situation. If you've got a group of bikes coming at you going 30-40 mph, it can be very difficult to see that one of them is suddenly accelerating to 100 mph. I'd imagine that the cop looked at the bikes, then decided there was enough time for him to safely enter the road without "seeing" that one of the bikes was moving much faster than the rest of the pack. It's very difficult to judge the speed of a bike when you are viewing it head on, let alone when it's camouflaged by several other bikes traveling at a different rate of speed. Hate to see any biker get hurt, but there are just certain places where riding at high speed is just asking for trouble.

Old 02-17-2006, 06:00 PM
maaiii
Tourer

Watch the video a few times. Even if you are correct (which you are) why is he pulling out in front of any of these bikes?
It really does look like the cop (as stated by JonHanna) was making a point. If that is the case, then IMHO he's a dumbass. The reaction of the bikers watching this seems to comfirm what I'am seeing. I will definately concede there was at least two dumbass's there, maybe more.....We never saw the rest of the video. I got a couple of friends who are cops and they are not immune to being dumbasses. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Old 02-17-2006, 06:20 PM
JamieWG
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know why he is pulling out in front of the bikes. He may have been called on a run, or maybe he just had to go to the bathroom or something...lol.. Who knows? I doubt if he intentionally meant to cause an accident. If all the bikes had been traveling at a safe speed, he may have had time to safely enter the road and drive away without causing the riders to brake. Can't really tell. I noticed that he didn't have his headlights on. I think every moving vehicle had the headlights on except him. Maybe if they were on, the speeding biker would have seen him sooner and had time to avoid the wreck?

Old 02-17-2006, 06:34 PM
maaiii
Tourer

It appears to me he does have his lights on. Maybe I'm looking at a different video.
Or he's going so fast I don't see him. lol

Quick Reply: Bike crashes into police car