Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

Iron City Blues - Biker Blues Documentary

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 01:39 PM
Stelis
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iron City Blues - Biker Blues Documentary

I just finished watching "Iron City Blues", and wrote a review of it on my blog...

http://www.bikernewsonline.com/2008/...ocumentary.htm

Here's the full text of my review....

Iron City Blues is a new film documentary by Scott Jackson that debuted at Daytona Bike Week earlier this month.

It chronicles the adventures of biker blues musician Big Mike Griffin and his ex-Marine buddy Jason Neese as they ride into the town of Iron City, TN, to find out the story behind the legend.

Griffin wanted to write a new blues song and had heard stories about Iron City as being one of the roughest toughest towns in all of America. It's a town that hasn't had any police department since 1989, a town where insurance won't sell coverage to business owners, and where buildings lie burned and abandoned.

So he summoned up his cigar-chewing buddy Jason to be his guide and bodyguard. The two loaded up their guns, hopped on their Harleys, and headed into town to find material for his song. There they found pre-teen boys rolling their own cigarettes, a half-crazed moonshiner named "Monkey Tidwell", a cross-eyed Mayor, and locals who pass their time away racing lawnmowers.

They gathered up stories of Insurance Bluff, a place where locals drove their brand new pickup trucks off of a cliff to collect insurance money, and stories about moonshining like the time when a colored woman shot Monkey Tidwell four times because he wouldn't sell shine to some kids.

Griffin learned that there are many in Iron City who are peaceful and considerate, but find themselves helpless when outsiders wander into town to run roughshod, shoot their guns, and fence their illegal substance business.
The documentary concludes with Griffin inviting the town's folks to a concert to perform Iron City's new blues anthem.

Having won five film festival awards, the documentary runs 52 minutes in length, and the DVD offers an additional CD of soundtracks by Griffin.

I found Iron City Blues to keep you well entertained and does a pretty good job of keeping you intrigued with Iron City's veil of mystique. And if you like the "biker blues" genre of music, you'll find the additional soundtrack CD to be worth the price of the DVD itself.

Iron City Blues is available online from Amazon.com.

You can watch the trailer here...
http://www.youtube.com/v/r_XfuZQMn0U&hl=en

Visit Iron City Blues online...
http://www.ironcityblues.com

Old 03-27-2008, 08:15 PM
CaptJIM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Iron City Blues - Biker Blues Documentary

Thanks, man.Looks real interesting. I read the reviews on Amazon and they were all very complimentary also. Might give it a try.