Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

Ear plugs

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 07:42 PM
MetalSpike
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Ear plugs

ORIGINAL: davidtn

[align=left]I've used these for years. Love 'em. I take the cord off as it otherwise would flap around in the wind.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/holefureearp.html[/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align]
I use some that look like these. I get them at Walgreens for about $3.49. They work great and I don't have much ringing in my ears as I used to without them. I've been looking around for some molded ones in the Phoenix area. Big Ear hasbeen recommendedand I'm thinking of trying them out.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:36 PM
TxDeuce
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At this years Bike Week in Daytona, I had some ear plugsmade by a company called Big Ear (http://www.bigearinc.com/home/Default.aspx). They actually custom molded two sets for me while I was there. They are fantastic!!! I use one pair at night (my wife has a little snoring issue). They stay in all night and block out any unwanted noises. I believe the style is BE-SP.

The other pair I've been using while I ride and they are great. No ringing in my ears after a ride. They fit perfect. I don't know how things work if you have to order a set over the internet but I was highly impressed by the owner and his staff.

They also make custom stereo ear plugs designed for motorcyclist. The demo product they had looked very impressive and as if they would be extremely durable. I have a pair on order and will let you know how they work once I get.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:41 PM
danmo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I guess I need stronger contacts cause I'm not seeing a video.

As for earplugs I only wear them in extreme wind and I buy the cheapest ones Walgreens' carrys. I wanna say they are their brand and come with more and have a higher decibal rating than the others.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:13 PM
CaptJIM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Just use the cheap squishy ones here too. You can pick them up at sporting goods stores or at Walgreens.I prefer the shorter whitish ones over the longer orange Walgreens brand, which don't stay in as well.