Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

2008 Copy Cat

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 09:14 AM
Photo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2008 Copy Cat

I think its a nice loking bike and will certainly look out for them.

Old 12-15-2007, 10:00 AM
Big Hog
Cruiser

You know what, you guys are right about the younger generation. Let us old folk enjoy our generation and leave the future to the kids. We will probably be too old to ride anyways when that happens. So if the kids want to ride crotch rockets or Yamahas, that's fine with me. Live and let live. You're right Ming, I sure didn't want to be caught dead in my Pops' guayabera. (Mexican type shirt) for those who don't know. Although the older Chevy's my Pops had were a different story.

Old 12-15-2007, 10:06 AM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: UPSGUY

Im not trying to stir the pot here but if the Raider is already on the road and the Rocker isnt available yet is it still "Copying" HD??
I think the imports have been trying to copy HD for years now without a lot of success. Back in the late 90's they got busted for copying the HD sound and had to quit. (lawsuit by HD.) I "think" it's the firing order of the engines that makes the sound unique?

I'm just saying that by my observations, and just mine, my son and his friends don't even like the Harley "mystique" or the Harley clothes or the Harley idea. That's Dad's thing and they want to be different.

They don't want to hang out with my crowd and that just happens to be a Harley group. We're old fuddy duddies to them.

They actually kid me about my "underpowered little Harley" (I believe the Kawasaki 2000 weighs about 150 pounds more than my Deuce) and act like they think I'm riding an old 650cc something or other. They promise to give me a tow when my Harley quits on a ride, although I've never had one quit on me except for when I bought a defective battery with an internal short.

They also kid me about price. Mind you, these guys have enough money to buy a Harley. They just believe that Harleys are brand new overpriced antiques and they won't bite. I'm riding their idea of a 1953 Oldsmobile, I guess?

My hunch is that moco needs a wake up call and I hope that the Yamaha in this thread is a start. $13,500 list and even the wheels look custom? What would it cost to buy a Rocker and make it look and run like that including engine mods,all of the black powdercoat - everything I see?

???

Old 12-15-2007, 10:31 AM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Bla Bla Bla, sorry. [&:]

Weighs under 700 pounds dry, all aluminum frame, 1850cc, a WHOPPING 123 ft lbs of torque at just 2500 rpm...

Wake up moco. ???

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/02nov...tar_raider.htm

Old 12-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Deus Ex Machina
Cruiser

I for one believe that the Japanese firms should stay away from V-Twin cruisers and HD should stop trying to make a sportbike!

Old 12-15-2007, 09:54 PM
Jenkins1849
Banned

I for one am in the younger generation. I am 26 and love my Wide Glide, I also ride with about 10 other guys all within 2-3 years of me that all own Harley,s I will never buy anything but a Harley. So I think you are wrong in saying that all young people don't like Harley's or are not brand loyal I certainly am and everbody I ride with is also.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12832/6BE37EE21A3C433BAACCF0A0A6BAE703.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-16-2007, 06:07 AM
Gasket
Cruiser

I didn't see where it said that ALL young people don't like harley's.That would be a foolish statement to make.I believe the statement that was made was that ALOT of the younger crowd are turning to the jap bikes for alot less money and are happy with what they get.We're not all old people in here ya know.There is alot of people in here your age that ride harleys,so I don't think someone would say that.Harley's are deffinately not an old guy bike only.Hell, One of my bike's is a Street Glide, and I'm not old.Unless you call 33 old.I own what some people call a "Geezer Glide" but I'm no geezer. I have to admit,I may be a little "old school", but no geezer! I see this is you'r second post, you should stick around.Alot of these OLD guy's are verry smart, I'v learned alot from them in the short time I'v been here.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:55 PM
TXPOPEYE
Tourer

LOL I almost bought a raider befoer getting my 08 Road Glide. I did a test ride at the bike show here is Houston and the bike was great real strong great handeling etc. I was kicking back and forth between the raider (only becasue it looks so damn good) or a more touring type ike. For thta I was looking at the vtx1800 neo or the yamaha stratoliner. In the end belive it or not I chose the Road Glide because of price!!

A spec 2 vtx 1800 neo is about 16k thats with out bags or windshield
A Stratoliner is also near 16k with detachable bags back rest and windshield.
I got my Road Glide for 17k with 6 gal tank cruise control am/fm/cd player security system 6 speed transmition etc So to me the HDwas the better bargin.

Now truth be told both the jap bikes would eat the road glide for lunch and if you toss a PC3 and some pipes on either they will likely snack on any SE HD.

So I opted for range and extras over power when cost was almost the same, thats why I bought the HD no other reason.

As for the other brands trying to copy HD well since HD has been around the longest and the style they created is the style people want then thats what the other guys will build they look like a HD because people want that look.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:08 AM
Grabby544
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm 26 and I just bought my 1st Harley, my 1st bike was a Yamaha v-star 1100. Good bike, way underpowered for the weight, but a good starter bike. I've wanted a Harley since I was 10 years old, I think people get it, or they don't!! I know alot of guys my age that have Hogs, and some younger guys I work with that WANT a Harley big twin, but they can't afford it! IMO Yamaha road stars have never been that much cheaper than Harley's and if I'm going to spend that much money, might as well spend the extra few bucks on a Hog, whih we all did, or we wouldn't be here! Most guys I know that dog Hogs (haha) are sportbike riders, and riding to them is a whole different world.

Personally, I don't like the new Yamaha, I just don't like the way it looks, and it ain't no Harley! Just messing with you gasket!

Old 12-19-2007, 06:36 AM
ozzy07840
Cruiser

to me its ugly and ive owned many metric crusiers ,its only a warrior with a different front fork and a 21in wheel that what it looks like to me ....i think harley makes better looking bikes and i dont know how much that metric bike costs but it has to be over 12 grand i would think if i spend that much i would rather have the real thing instead of a copy ,

Quick Reply: 2008 Copy Cat