Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

Very well done M8 video.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 11:00 AM
Msquad
Road Captain
Received 193 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by ntraindavefl

How do you know who does their own work? My bikes never see a shop for work. All builds all service are done right here in the garage with these hands. As for what you and sadly some other loyalists to this YouTube fool think is not relevant. This guy has proven he had no grasp of the m8 issues and breaking his nads is deserved. You put crap misleading info out there you deserve to be ripped a new one. And it appears there’s some serious **** tearing going on if you read the comments from a majority of the knowledgeable members on here and on other threads this YouTube clown is referenced on.

Wow. IMHO some of this is taken too personal. Most stuff I read whether it applies to me or not I just move on. Just like giving opinions on a lot of ugly mods I see. I look, say yuck, and move on. Maybe that's the new norm, what are we going to be offended by today. I'm sure I'll be next.

Old 07-31-2018, 11:12 AM
RET_SCPO
Extreme HDF Member

Received 19,651 Likes on 6,279 Posts

I think the M8 is getting a bad rap over a very small percentage of bikes exhibiting issues. This video at least tries to put the sumping and transfer issues into perspective, in that it's a very limited number that have had or are having issues. I'll admit that the M8 forum has made me a little paranoid and if I didn't know from personal experience how good this motor was I would run in the opposite direction if I stumbled on the is forum before I purchased my bike.

I've watched quite a few of this guys video's and he puts out some pretty solid information on things to look for and pay attention to. You can tell he likes his job and is good at what he does.

Old 07-31-2018, 11:19 AM
barneyboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,790 Likes on 1,612 Posts

Originally Posted by ntraindavefl

Wow that’s a terrible post and 100% not the reason for primary levels too high. No more posting on this topic for you. Please go back to the games threads.
I'm not denying that an unknown percentage of M8 owners are dealing with the issues brought up in the video. I'm well versed with TA0022 and SB1450. Both contain diagnostic procedures. A primary that is initially overfilling can lead to a misdiagnosis 1,000 miles down the road.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on internet hype, and John Maxwell is entitled to voice his opinion.

FWIW, I never have, nor ever will post in the games forum.

Last edited by barneyboy; 07-31-2018 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-31-2018, 12:55 PM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,481 Likes on 761 Posts

Originally Posted by RET_SCPO
I think the M8 is getting a bad rap over a very small percentage of bikes exhibiting issues. This video at least tries to put the sumping and transfer issues into perspective, in that it's a very limited number that have had or are having issues. I'll admit that the M8 forum has made me a little paranoid and if I didn't know from personal experience how good this motor was I would run in the opposite direction if I stumbled on the is forum before I purchased my bike.

I've watched quite a few of this guys video's and he puts out some pretty solid information on things to look for and pay attention to. You can tell he likes his job and is good at what he does.
I enjoyed the guys video.its his opinion and some information just like what I read on This Forum, I wade through the BS and enjoy it for what its worth. As far as the M8 getting a bad rap, I dont care. I judge my bikes on their own merits. The M8 is no different than any bike I have had all the way back to my AMF bikes and beyond. Meaning Folks do have issues with their bikes, some are real and some folks can screw up a wet dream. These Bike problems have been going on forever, But Another persons problem is usually not found on my bikes.

The following 2 users liked this post by sixguns:
Bumpandrun (07-31-2018), RET_SCPO (08-01-2018)
Old 07-31-2018, 08:27 PM
not a sock
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 985 Likes on 552 Posts

Originally Posted by roadrash3
regardless of your opinion on this one video, he makes great videos and I enjoy all of them. His editing skills are great and he covers some great topics. I have done a few personal repairs on my bike with the assistance of watching his videos.
Yea, well so Kim Kardashian.
Do we still need to watch it...................