Harley Davidson Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for videos pertaining to Harleys, Racing (Street/Strip)and motorcycle related Interviews.

Mudding on my Harley

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 07:42 PM
Harleycruiser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Mudding on my Harley

This video was shot over a two week period of my commute from home (Fort White Fl) to work (High Springs Fl.) a eighteen mile ride one way.
It is shot under a variety of conditions, including sun and rain.

Old 09-24-2014, 11:58 PM
68 XLCH
Road Warrior
Received 151 Likes on 131 Posts

I thought my dirt and gravel drive way was bad, but you got me.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:15 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts

You need a Jeep, not a bike to go to work. Like the guy on the road grader.

Old 09-25-2014, 04:08 PM
jamess71
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats Awesome...... I've been thinking about getting one of those go pros for a while now. Very cool.

Old 09-25-2014, 04:51 PM
Harleycruiser
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 68 XLCH
I thought my dirt and gravel drive way was bad, but you got me.

68, We love living in the country, in my opinion the dirt roads are the prettiest riding, yea they can be a hassle, but when you ride them everyday you get used to the loose sand, ruts, dirty bikes, and yea picking your bike up once in a while.

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
You need a Jeep, not a bike to go to work. Like the guy on the road grader.

COC, we had a Jeep for a while, actually it was my wife's, it was to nice to take mudding, to hard to take the top off/on, not a practical car at all, so we got rid of it.
And besides the HD is much more of a challenge in the mud.

Originally Posted by jamess71
Thats Awesome...... I've been thinking about getting one of those go pros for a while now. Very cool.

Yea love it so far, picked up this one on e-bay for sixty bucks, the guy said it switched from video to still, so I upgraded the software and have had no problems with it.
The nice thing is that you put it on and let it run, then if you see something nice when you get home you retrieve that clip, cut it and save it, otherwise you just delete the clips you don't want.
Biggest challenge is the editing, the program is pretty easy to learn but remembering all the clips can be a challenge and knowing where you want each one that is fun.
One warning, the videos are memory HOGS, a thirty two gig chip in the camera holds about five hours, so by the time you import it into the computer, then pull it into your program and then save it you are talking about one hundred gigs, so need a pretty big hard drive or keep them organized so you can clean house when you are done.
Plus you need a adequate computer to handle the memory the video requires.
My wife is barn manager at where we work, (a youth camp), so next project is about horse riding. This is going to be a challenge because she wore it on her helmet and kept getting caught on tree limbs, and it is pretty jerky. You know the line, "You Can Do Something With It cant You Honey?"
Sure;-)

Last edited by Harleycruiser; 09-25-2014 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 09:57 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

That is impressive riding on a Softail. Not too many people I know would those roads on a street bike.

Old 09-28-2014, 10:16 AM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Mudding on my Harley
09-25-2014 12:42 AM by Harleycruiser
This video was shot over a two week period of my commute from home (Fort White Fl) to work (High Springs Fl.) a eighteen mile ride one way.
It is shot under a variety of conditions, including sun and rain.

Danm dude, that's cool, you've had to have a few dirt bikes in you life, I think I seem some single track in the vid too LOL. Beautiful horses. Ride safe

Old 09-28-2014, 10:16 AM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

When I'm "mudding" on my Deuce I often wish it were heavier. Nice commute, love those Palaminos.

Old 09-28-2014, 03:05 PM
Harleycruiser
Outstanding HDF Member

Hey thanks guys, you guys need to remember this is my daily ride, its just metal, rubber, leather and some paint. You drop it you fix it, no big deal. Once you get past the fear of scratching your bike, riding these road becomes fun. The interstates, they modify them so we don't hurt ourselves, bulldoze all the trees a strip half a mile wide, take out all the hills, take out all the corners, sanitize our view. Boring, give me the dirt/back roads any day.

Old 09-28-2014, 09:16 PM
scooter1128
Road Captain

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

nice video harleycruiser. I live in northern florida myself and on a limerock graded rode. when its wet, its like ice...slick!! ive ridden thru sugar sand and that's a blast as well. pretty country thru your area...rode thru there a few times. take care

Quick Reply: Mudding on my Harley