Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Lets see your Harley and trailer pics.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 12:07 AM
Silver Fox
Club Member
Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Lets see your Harley and trailer pics.

On different threads I've seen bikes with trailers,,, but not a thread calling for bikes with trailers. It'll be interesting to see what's out there. Lets see your rides with the trailer you pull. Maybe a few words on your set up.

I have a 2008 Deluxe with Boss Bags and pull a Bushtec trailer.

Old 08-22-2014, 09:02 AM
Firebike32
Road Warrior
Received 140 Likes on 92 Posts

This was our '02 Ultra Firefighter Special with our '03 Aluma trailer. We've since upgrade to a 2012 Ember Red Sunglo Ultra and repainted the trailer to match.

Attached Thumbnails Lets see your Harley and trailer pics.-finished-trailer-005.jpg  
Old 08-23-2014, 07:54 AM
Silver Fox
Club Member

Hey Firebike32 do the lights and siren work?

Old 08-23-2014, 11:06 AM
Concours
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

12 FLHTK and 99 Bushtec Roadstar. This is the third bike the Bushtec has been behind; it's still painted the color combo from the first bike.

Also have a Bunkhouse camper, but haven't towed it yet with the Limited; use our other bike camping weekends.

Attached Thumbnails Lets see your Harley and trailer pics.-dscf0845x.jpg  
Old 08-24-2014, 08:25 PM
bryanklay
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have been towing a trailer since 2004. the bike i started towing with was a 2003 yamaha royal star venture i then bought a 2009 ultra and now tow two trailers. one is a leesure lite camping trailer and the other is a little car and i just can not see me getting ride of the little car.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:51 PM
Silver Fox
Club Member

Hey Concours How do you like pulling the Roadstar, and how do the tires last? I haven't hade mine long enough to need a new set of tires and curious as to how long they might last.

bryanklay that car is a nice looking trailer. It's different. How is it pulling and what is the storage like in it?

Old 08-26-2014, 08:16 AM
Concours
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Hey Concours How do you like pulling the Roadstar, and how do the tires last? I haven't hade mine long enough to need a new set of tires and curious as to how long they might last.
We bought the Roadstar new back in 99 when we got our first RS Venture and used the trailer for camping and big trips up until 2005 when we got our first Bunkhouse camper. We use the Roadstar now 3 or 4 times a year for trips where we're not camping (motel trips or staying with friends/family). It's in great shape (you'd never know it was 15 years old unless I told you) and it's long ago paid for..no reason to get rid of it.

As far as pulling the Roadstar, it's always been fantastic behind any of the three bikes (our first RS Venture and current RS Venture and HD Limited) we've towed it with it. I put over 75k miles on our first Venture and I know we had the Roadstar hooked up with at least 1/3 of those miles, plus a couple of trips back and forth from Green Bay to NW Arkansas with the 2d Venture before replacing the tires .. so probably 30k-35k miles (maybe slightly more) out of the original tires. Replaced the wheel bearings at the same time I replaced the tires.

I've always kept it as clean as possible; lube the suspension every year (first use of the season); and lube the swivel every year. Only problems I've had with the trailer in 15 years are the plastic cover over the latch components inside the trailer came off and long ago disappeared into one my storage boxes and the zipper on the cooler cover broke last year but a friend repaired it and all is good again.

The Roadstar will be behind the Limited a few more times yet this year .. trip to Iowa in a couple of weeks for the Davis Rally; a trip to Fayetteville AR to visit our daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughters (and spend some time at the Bikes, Blues, & BBQ Rally); and our annual Apple Orchard trip to SW WI in October.

We also have a Bunkhouse camper, but since we've not towed it with the Limited I didn't post of picture here. We use it quite a bit as well but use our RS Venture for towing it. My wife likes the Venture better than the Limited, so we split time between the two bikes and when we're camping we just choose to use the Venture...I'm sure the Limited will tow it fine but when the other bike is sitting there all set up for it, why?

Last edited by Concours; 08-26-2014 at 08:19 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:28 AM
ohioflhs
Road Warrior

Received 231 Likes on 161 Posts

This is the trailer I pull behind my Electraglide classic. Pulls real nice. I don't have any pictures of it hitched up and ready to go. It is a real old trailer but pulls well.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:01 PM
Silver Fox
Club Member

Thanks Concours, nice to hear you are getting plenty of use out of your trailer. Sounds like the tires last for a while. I got mine used, the tires show some wear but they should be good for a bit yet.

ohioflhs looks like a nice camping rig, and a nice camp site. Makes for a good ride.

Last edited by Silver Fox; 08-27-2014 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:22 AM
Firebike32
Road Warrior
Received 140 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Hey Firebike32 do the lights and siren work?
Yes they do.

Quick Reply: Lets see your Harley and trailer pics.