Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Sportster "48 " trike options.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 02:38 PM
Moondog
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No I did not Scott,But the IRS takes care of that problem. I was more concerned with thte high speed wobble and the harder to turn issue. The IRS is the way to go for sure but I will cost more. So far I love the performance of the bike,,,I know you wont believe this and I'm sure someone will have something smartass to say but oh well. I can go into a corner a nail it at the right time and this thing will squat, grab traction and take off like a bullet. I'm not bragging or selling..Just telling. Have a Merry Christmas and the best of new years

Old 12-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Scott Hall
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mmcbeat
Really like your Crossbones.
Thanks!

Old 12-21-2012, 09:11 AM
Rich B.
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Rake & Trail...very interesting stuff that I don't quite understand. For instance, adding a few degrees of rake, therefore more trail, when converting a bike to a trike is suppose to make the trike steer more easily and increase it's stability... right? Yet HD designs into their new 2013 Ultra Classic 26 degrees of rake...but also designs into the new Tri-Glide the same 26 degrees of rake. Hum? Looking further down the spec sheet though the Ultra has 170mm of trail while the 3 wheeler has only 100mm. Seems backwards doesn't it?
R

Old 12-21-2012, 09:44 AM
Moondog
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Harley also puts a straight axel under there Tri-Glide whitch is a no no for the price they charge don't you think,,,I'm not here to slam Harley or anyone else fore that matter.If you live in Texas Ill be more than glad for you to come over and test ride the Harley then test ride mine and you'll see for yourself. I have not done it myself but some of my friends have and they say it is like night and day. I did not post pics of my bike on here and try to help a fellow rider out in order to get into an arguement over it. I did the research with what Harley produces with what I built and I will ride and enjoy mine for the duration. Sorry you don't agree but it seems like everytime I try to help someone on here with a very simple answer,,,,,someone wants to turn into an argument. Sorry but life is to short for that crap,,,,Why do you think I ride a trike to start with...It wasn't really out of choice but necessity,,,I WILL RIDE ON