Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

American Legend Trailers - WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 11:21 AM
MoChrome
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry American Legend Trailers - WTF?

Anyone know if American Legend Trailers is still in business or on vacation or something? I have been trying to call them several times a day for two weeks (no kidding) and all I get is their answering machine. The number I have is 888-463-1917. Any ideas?

Old 04-05-2012, 12:49 PM
FLTR2008TRIKE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you tried a vendor who sells them?? Heres a link to one who does were you might get some info on whats going on >> http://www.bills-trailers.com/traile...gend/index.cfm

Old 04-05-2012, 01:19 PM
MoChrome
Tourer

Originally Posted by FLTR2008TRIKE
Have you tried a vendor who sells them?? Heres a link to one who does were you might get some info on whats going on >> http://www.bills-trailers.com/traile...gend/index.cfm
Good tip. Thanks.

I was told that American Legend is "restrucuring" which is probably why I haven't heard from them.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:43 PM
ripley217
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default American legend not responding

I too have been trying to get Angie from AL to return my calls and emails. I have been trying since before Daytona Bike Week. I talked to her late last year about painting a trailer to match my 2010 SESG and doing the inner fairing and new saddle bag covers for speakers. She was great about getting back to me with prices and options, but now silence.
I've decided to get the painting done at Gunslinger custom paint in Golden Colorado. Great communication. Talk to Kent at ext. 206

Old 04-07-2012, 01:47 PM
DANNER55
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try this # 217-586-2201. This was a 2010 American Legend #.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:25 AM
ripley217
Stage III
Default American Legend trailers

I finally spoke to Angie on Friday! I had left multiple emails with every AL address I had as well as many voice messages. I even googled and found the closest AL retailer to me and called him. He said he had ordered from them a week ago and would contact them for me. Anyway, Angie called me on Friday. She said that the AL side of Legendary Inovations has slowed down greatly and the company's focus is on the Legendary Inovation side which does custom design and fabrication and AL is actually for sale. The company does respond to AL messages but only once a week or so. They still sell trailers and do custom work and I am shipping them a used 2007 AL Bandit to get a color match for my SESG before it is too late.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:06 AM
MoChrome
Tourer

Originally Posted by ripley217
I finally spoke to Angie on Friday! I had left multiple emails with every AL address I had as well as many voice messages. I even googled and found the closest AL retailer to me and called him. He said he had ordered from them a week ago and would contact them for me. Anyway, Angie called me on Friday. She said that the AL side of Legendary Inovations has slowed down greatly and the company's focus is on the Legendary Inovation side which does custom design and fabrication and AL is actually for sale. The company does respond to AL messages but only once a week or so. They still sell trailers and do custom work and I am shipping them a used 2007 AL Bandit to get a color match for my SESG before it is too late.
I'm suprised, but glad, you were finally able to talk to someone. I tried again this morning and still got voice mail. Fortunately, all I want is some chrome wheels and a coupler and those I can purchase elsewhere.

I'm very happy with my decision to buy a used trailer instead of sending them a 50% down payment to build one. Who knows when or if I would have ever gotten a trailer or my money back.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:34 PM
DANNER55
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Posted on another forum site. American Legend Trailers has stopped production! It said may resume production if the economy gets better. This is a great product & a great company! Sorry to hear they have stopped production!

Remember to by American Made! Those companies that sell chinese knockoffs that look like american made trailers are putting companies like Amereican Legend out of business!

Last edited by DANNER55; 04-25-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:19 AM
ripley217
Stage III

Sorry I have not logged in in a while. Everything is going well for me with AL. My color match is under way and I've been in contact with Angie once or twice a week. I saw in your post that you need chrome wheels. I am replacing mine with split spoked aluminum which match very well with my bike. If you still need 12 inch wheels 4 on 4 with only 600 miles on them let me know.

Last edited by ripley217; 04-27-2012 at 05:24 PM. Reason: thoughts
Old 04-30-2012, 08:32 AM
MoChrome
Tourer

Originally Posted by ripley217
Sorry I have not logged in in a while. Everything is going well for me with AL. My color match is under way and I've been in contact with Angie once or twice a week. I saw in your post that you need chrome wheels. I am replacing mine with split spoked aluminum which match very well with my bike. If you still need 12 inch wheels 4 on 4 with only 600 miles on them let me know.
I'm glad that AL is taking care of you. I already found some wheels and a coupler from another source and now the trailer is at the local paint shop being color matched to my Street Glide. I'll post pics when done.

Quick Reply: American Legend Trailers - WTF?