Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Confidential/For Trike Eyes Only!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 07:41 AM
Fat Cat
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Confidential/For Trike Eyes Only!

I'm on to you guys! Trying to discourage future trike owners from getting in on the fun by call them "old goats", "wanta bees", "posers" and other choice words to let them know if you're not riding on two wheels, you ain't a biker. (I even got a "thumbs-up" from a couple of "patches" that passed me) Then telling everyone how awful the bikes are and how MOCO can't build a decent trike....and all the mechanical problems. Well some of all that may be true and I'm sure in time MOCO will either fix the problems or we will when we purchase them....BECAUSE, I just rented a trike for the weekend to see if I would like it before I dished out $35,000+. The verdict......if I'd known it was so much fun, I would have had one years ago! AND, more importantly, the wife rides and says, "you gotta get this thing"! She absolutely loved it.

I took everything you guys said seriously and don't disagree with much of what you guys are saying about the mechanics of the bike...rented a 2012 with only 650 miles on it and yes it was hot on my right leg...that is my only major gripe....something I'll just have to fix like most of you have done. The power was sufficient, in fact I was surprised there was no lugging in 6th...once, I didn't realize I was in 6th going 60mph until I looked at the speedometer....plenty enough power as a "stock" machine for me.

I could go on and on about how much I enjoyed my ride but you guys already know that it's a great ride...and I don't want to bore you further....just wanted to let you know, I'm not fooled by your posts....count me in!