Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Great Paint Job, Eyh on Design...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Al Brown
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ChristoHD,
The pricing is not for the faint of heart ( not unlike the bike ), but I wanted the best engineered trailer on the market and in my research I chose the Tailwind. I paid in 06' $4,745.00 complete with an on board air compressor. Here is Tom's web site. Before you leave it, go to the photo gallery. Photo 1 is of us leaving June 22nd 06' on a 5 week trip to the States. Photo 7 is in Kanab, Utah that same trip. The trailer has been over the ALCAN 5 times. I left the bike and trailer in Arizona so I can get out of Alaska this winter and get some riding in.

http://tailwindtrailers.com/gallery.htm

June 18th,2011 Leaving for Arizona

Old 09-28-2011, 07:57 PM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Thumbs up Very Cool!

Originally Posted by Al Brown
ChristoHD,
The pricing is not for the faint of heart ( not unlike the bike ), but I wanted the best engineered trailer on the market and in my research I chose the Tailwind. I paid in 06' $4,745.00 complete with an on board air compressor. Here is Tom's web site. Before you leave it, go to the photo gallery. Photo 1 is of us leaving June 22nd 06' on a 5 week trip to the States. Photo 7 is in Kanab, Utah that same trip. The trailer has been over the ALCAN 5 times. I left the bike and trailer in Arizona so I can get out of Alaska this winter and get some riding in.

http://tailwindtrailers.com/gallery.htm

June 18th,2011 Leaving for Arizona

Al,
I checked out those TW's too - very nice! I have read some thread on you and that trailer, you should be proud, and it looks great! I can tell you are very happy. It is a tad salty for me price wise... but who knows... I don't ride and pull enough, yet.

Those are very cool trailers, thanks for chiming in, I would not have known about this trailer at all if I hadn't seen your other posts before this one, glad you posted in the thread! Enjoy sir!

Old 09-28-2011, 07:59 PM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior

Sooooooo

I just ordered a Legacy Trailer, that will match the HD (looks and paint scheme) a tad better, and a cool paint scheme, and some new stuff that has not been done yet on any of their trailers. I was very happy to work with Jason and he did me right on price and the options I wanted. Should be here in a couple of weeks, I will post pictures! and details then - stay tuned!

Old 09-29-2011, 06:36 AM
Road Toad
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

A new trailer? Your not hooked on this stuff are ya? LOL
Hope it works for you. Al Browns trailer sure would work with the saddlebag style paint on it. Is that like the one your getting?

Old 09-29-2011, 07:46 AM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Talking I just need one more fix!

Originally Posted by Road Toad
A new trailer? Your not hooked on this stuff are ya? LOL
Hope it works for you. Al Browns trailer sure would work with the saddlebag style paint on it. Is that like the one your getting?
LOL - "hooked", no, addicted maybe! ;-)

I would love to have Al's trailer - but that will be down the road when I travel more - his looks good and is more travel friendly from a functional dynamic, but it has a price tag I am not ready for yet. ;-)

The one I am getting has HD fenders on it (hint)....

I will show pictures when I get it - it's a surprise! :-)