Hacked, Conversions and Trailering "Harley Sidecar, Conversion Trikes and Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailering Enthusiasts" A forum for the discussion of your sidecar, Conversion Trike or Pull Behind Motorcycle Trailer.

Suggestions for adding parking brake to Champion trike

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts
Old 06-08-2011, 08:28 PM
shezaharley
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1550vt
I have some BIG rubber bands.

If you want to get technical...you can purchase a line lock off e-bay, or wherever. The line lock plumbs in series with your brake line and it's just a quick-release valve. (snip)
I had no idea what you were talking about, but hubbie did. It's an interesting, and easy, idea. Thanks!

Liz

Old 06-09-2011, 06:09 AM
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

An economical manual line-lock can be had of e-bay for just a few bucks. The hardest part is just getting the fittings and brake lines plumbed-in and re-bled and find a good mounting location for it. It's not intended to be left locked for weeks or months parked under the garage. It's just a device you can use when you do have to park in a precarious place. The EASIEST thing to do is what most of us have suggested. Get a bungee-cord, Velcro strap or yes....even a big rubber band, or some made from an old tire-tube that you can hold the brake lever or pedal down. You can even find some aluminum wheel-chocks to toss in the trunk. Any of these work like a champ.

I hear Wizard has a horse bridle on his and ties it to a column, light pole, or hitching post so it won't wander off when unattended.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:42 AM
shezaharley
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1550vt
An economical manual line-lock can be had of e-bay for just a few bucks. The hardest part is just getting the fittings and brake lines plumbed-in and re-bled and find a good mounting location for it. It's not intended to be left locked for weeks or months parked under the garage. It's just a device you can use when you do have to park in a precarious place. The EASIEST thing to do is what most of us have suggested. Get a bungee-cord, Velcro strap or yes....even a big rubber band, or some made from an old tire-tube that you can hold the brake lever or pedal down. You can even find some aluminum wheel-chocks to toss in the trunk. Any of these work like a champ.

I hear Wizard has a horse bridle on his and ties it to a column, light pole, or hitching post so it won't wander off when unattended.
I'm visualizing the bridle tied to a parking meter; very funny pic.

Anyway, the install shouldn't be difficult for hubbie (he's a mechanic by trade) and I won't need it at home in the garage. I've been using the velcro strap since I got the trike. It would just be nice to have something more, well, elegant, or at least more subtle. Just a personal preference.

Liz

Last edited by shezaharley; 06-09-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Liz....44-years of blissful (most of the time) marriage has taught me that a lady should have what a lady wants.

I bet Wizard is over at the saddle-shop at this very moment looking for a new bridle. He will be along here sooner or later with a picture.